Hi I just wiped my tour with bbsak and installed .484. I have done this many times with a storm and was running .419. The vender is deleted. App Loader is telling me that there is no software for the device. any help would be gretly appreciated.
    02-17-10 08:32 PM
    turn off/unplug all internet connections, check the vendor.xml file to make sure it didn't reappear, then try the installation.
    02-17-10 08:54 PM
    Try loading through BBSAK if the above doesnt work.
    02-17-10 09:00 PM
    Ok I just turned off internet and went at it again. The only thing I get when trying to use App Loader is "The Blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator." The vender file did not reappear.
    02-17-10 09:02 PM
    Ok I installed with bbsak and it worked. Thanks a lot for the quick replies. My wife was ready to kill me, her phone. Any idea what happened there?
    02-17-10 09:28 PM
    Blackberry desktop manager not only checks the vendor file but recently it has also started using the internet to check your carrier's os availability.

You need to do both, delete vendor.xml AND disconnect internet before trying to load the OS. BBSAK is good way to wipe the slate clean and do a fresh install.
    02-18-10 03:27 AM
    Thanks for the help. I never had that happen before. I thought I was just getting rusty from my days loading a new OS on the Storm what seemed like every two weeks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD