So I decided to upgrade my Tour to the 5.0 OS since it has been getting great reviews. I followed the 101: How to install or Upgrade. I am in the process of completing this now. It has completed the first 8 out of 11 tasks. However, while loading the applications, it has been "stuck" for over an hour while loading module "com_plazmic_theme_Tranquil_Garden.cod". I do not know if I need more patience or if there is a serious problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    12-26-09 07:47 PM
    I upgraded mine and the overall process was less than320 mins. I think your screwed.
    12-26-09 07:51 PM
    not what I wanted to hear. anything constructive to offer?
    12-26-09 07:52 PM
    It's stuck a theme that I believe isn't preloaded on the phone. Maybe restore the OS you were using, delete the theme, and try again
    12-26-09 07:55 PM
    Can I do this while its in the middle of upgrading the current OS?
    12-26-09 07:58 PM
    Phone jack...that's messed up...apparantly u don't know what ur talking about enough to scare the crap out of someone and tell them their "screwed"....not nice...

Disconnect it...but u might get the famous "white screen of death".......come back to us and we'll lead u on what to do next...if that doesn't happen let us know as well...as you'll probably be able to do what 2 posts above said and just delete the theme and reload the OS.
    12-26-09 08:02 PM
    Phone jack...that's messed up...apparantly u don't know what ur talking about enough to scare the crap out of someone and tell them their "screwed"....not nice...

Disconnect it...but u might get the famous "white screen of death".......come back to us and we'll lead u on what to do next...if that doesn't happen let us know as well...as you'll probably be able to do what 2 posts above said and just delete the theme and reload the OS.
    I'm on it. (Sorry, I did read the other two posts but hit the panic button. Additionally, I did not know if I could "pull the plug" to resolve the issue).

Disconnected.

Error: Application loader could not connect to our device. Please ensure that your device is connected securely to your computer and click Retry.

Phone is booting. (Fingers Crossed!!!!)

Received and "Uncaught exception:java.lang.NullPointerExeption"

Awaiting further guidance.
    12-26-09 08:15 PM
    So that's what you got?...its now staying put at the white screen and the "exemption" right?....
    12-26-09 08:18 PM
    So that's what you got?...its now staying put at the white screen and the "exemption"....
    It just gave me the uncaught exception error and it wants me to hit the "ok"

I hit the "ok"

Now I have the "Uncaught exception: menultem.toString() throws an exception"

Hit ok

Allowing the software to select CDMA or GSM

Proceeding through the initial start-up screens
    12-26-09 08:22 PM
    Okay so ur alright no big deal...okay now u wanna delete that dang theme that got u introuble in the first place and u wanna reload the .230 on ur phone again....
    12-26-09 08:26 PM
    So, did you boot to a desktop?
    12-26-09 08:29 PM
    Sweet. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you xxDruMMer BoYxx!!! You rock!!!
    12-26-09 08:30 PM
    Get this all figured out?
    12-26-09 08:36 PM
    So, did you boot to a desktop?
    I am in the process of trying to reboot this now. Not too sure how to delete the theme but will do this once I have reattached my phone to the computer. Wish me luck.
    12-26-09 08:37 PM
    Lol...Cool no problem...we're all hear to help...Crackberry Rocks!!!! ..
    12-26-09 08:37 PM
    Under "applications"...u can delet the theme from their...or when ur on the desktop...it'll show u a list of all the files and apps u have on your Tour...u should see the theme their as well...and just uncheck it so it uninstalls and ur set to go.
    12-26-09 08:39 PM
    Under "applications"...u can delet the theme from their...or when ur on the desktop...it'll show u a list of all the files and apps u have on your Tour...u should see the theme their as well...and just uncheck it so it uninstalls and ur set to go.
    Checked the apps section and it was not there. I will be sure to delete this once I have restarted the install. Just going through some QC stuff right now. (Dotting the i's and crossing the t's stuff...lol )
    12-26-09 08:43 PM
    You can delete the theme by going into Menu > Options > Applications (Third Party), and then find your theme to delete. Highlight it, click the BlackBerry key, and select Delete.

EDIT: Look for something beginning with "com_plazmic".
    12-26-09 08:44 PM
    Connected to phone the restart the process.

I am now getting the error on my BlackBerry Desktop: "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle of USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

The device was recognized and started the process. It got as far as installing the available updates, then gave this error.

I have disconnected the device, again. Close Desktop Manager and am in the process of rebooting everything, again.
    12-26-09 08:59 PM
    Get this all figured out?
    Not yet. It isn't recognizing my device when I connect my phone. I am going to have to reboot both my computer and my phone to see if that yields any results.
    12-26-09 09:07 PM
    I would recommend rebooting the PC and doing a battery pull on the phone. Once the phone comes back up, delete the theme from the phone per the instructions I gave above.
    12-26-09 09:07 PM
    My phone is now stating "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed."

It has never given me this error before.
    12-26-09 09:12 PM
    I would recommend rebooting the PC and doing a battery pull on the phone. Once the phone comes back up, delete the theme from the phone per the instructions I gave above.
    The theme is not on the phone.
    12-26-09 09:13 PM
    Make sure the phone is set up for mass storage mode before you do anything else. That will give you the message your currently getting.

And I was getting the charging issue as well. Not much to do beside just using the cable.
    12-26-09 09:25 PM
    Make sure the phone is set up for mass storage mode before you do anything else. That will give you the message your currently getting.

And I was getting the charging issue as well. Not much to do beside just using the cable.
    Mass Storage Mode Support was ON. However, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected was off. I changed this to Yes.
    12-26-09 09:35 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD