I have a Tour 9630 Sprint phone that i wanna use it on verzion Sprint phones comes fully unlocked, heres what i wanted to know, when i boot the phone on Sprint logo comes on and even with out the sim card in phone it register it self with Sprint black berry service, i wanna use the phone on Verizon network, i wanna know if i can remove the sprint logo on start up and have the phone register with verizon even without the sim card just like the Tour phones when u buy em from verzion.

thanks.
    03-28-10 11:45 PM
    You can't get a Sprint 9630 to work on the Verizon network. The only reason there is a SIM card slot is for the global capabilities. SIM card has nothing to do when you're in the USA.
    03-28-10 11:47 PM
    You can't get a Sprint 9630 to work on the Verizon network. The only reason there is a SIM card slot is for the global capabilities. SIM card has nothing to do when you're in the USA.

Why not, I used the phone on ATT and T-mobile so i should be able to use it on verizon.
    03-28-10 11:50 PM
    Why not, I used the phone on ATT and T-mobile so i should be able to use it on verizon.
    No, you shouldn't. Sprint and Verizon use CDMA technology here in the US (notice that not all sprint/verizon phones have a SIM card). The reason they have a SIM card slot in some phones is they are considered global phones as outside of the US, very few countries use CDMA technology (in fact, all of Europe is required to use GSM). AT&T and T-Mobile both use GSM technology. GSM technology requires SIM cards for use, thus why you can put an AT&T or TMobile SIM card into the Tour and have it work.
    03-28-10 11:58 PM
    No, you shouldn't. Sprint and Verizon use CDMA technology here in the US (notice that not all sprint/verizon phones have a SIM card). The reason they have a SIM card slot in some phones is they are considered global phones as outside of the US, very few countries use CDMA technology (in fact, all of Europe is required to use GSM). AT&T and T-Mobile both use GSM technology. GSM technology requires SIM cards for use, thus why you can put an AT&T or TMobile SIM card into the Tour and have it work.
    Well i had another Tours 9630 Sprint phone that i gave it to my sister and all she had to do put her ATT sim card in it and install a leaked OS on it and its working just fine on ATT network. and on Sprint Blackberry since they are fully unlocked u have the option to choose GSM and CDMA.
    03-29-10 12:01 AM
    Well i had another Tours 9630 Sprint phone that i gave it to my sister and all she had to do put her ATT sim card in it and install a leaked OS on it and its working just fine on ATT network. and on Sprint Blackberry since they are fully unlocked u have the option to choose GSM and CDMA.
    Right. You can't use a Sprint tour on Verizon's network here in the US because Verizon is a CDMA network that doesn't use SIM cards here in the US. The unlocked portion is the SIM card slot for GSM networks...NOT the CDMA network portion.
    03-29-10 12:04 AM
    OP, you're not seeming to be clear on the concept, CDMA and GSM are separate systems. Tour has both. But the primary service is CDMA, and Sprint-Verizon do not activate their respective devices on each others' networks. The unlocked GSM side can be used in most places with GSM service, but NOT the CDMA Side of things. CDMA phones are hard flashed to a network, their identification is in the device itself. The SIM card identifies the user to the individual network on GSM, the MEID/ESN does on CDMA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-29-10 at 12:18 AM.
    03-29-10 12:14 AM
    You can use TMO/ATT on Sprint and or Verizon but you CANNOT use Sprint on Verizon or vice versa. Chances are they won't allow it.
    03-29-10 12:41 AM
    Oh k i see, Thank you all.
    03-29-10 01:35 AM
    Posted in another thread:

In order to be able to use it with another CDMA Network, you need to make sure that the carrier would allow the ESN to be registered on the Network. Some CDMA carriers such as Sprint/Verizon do not have an Open ESN Policy, meaning you can't bring in your phone from another carrier and get it activated. But you can use an unlocked or flashed Tour with a GSM provider like ATT.

Basic rule is:

CDMA Phones/Carriers= Line is attached to phone's ESN and the carrier decides which phone they will allow to be activated.

GSM Phones/Carrier= Line is attached to SIM card and YOU decide which phone you want to use.
    03-29-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD