So I sold a Tour for my friend, and now the buyer is asking me for my email and password to activate the BB. I told my friend to call Verizon and see what they say, and he says that Verizon said they cant do anything and that the buyer must "reset the email services" on the phone. The buyer replied saying the following:
    "Well when I activated the phone the guy at verizon talked to verizon tech himself and said that he needed the previous owners email address and password that was used to access the email on the phone.....soo basically I need the email address you used on the phone and the password you used to login to access your email account on the phone."

So now I have no idea what to do. Any help?
    12-31-09 10:20 AM
    That does not sound right. Before you sold the phone, did you wipe it or delete your email accounts?
    12-31-09 10:22 AM
    no that doesnt if they call to tech they should be able to delete and recreate the bis account for the new phone holder, if i were you i would three way call verizon tech. you the buyer and tech support and attempt to resolve your issue. probably not something you want to just give to a stranger, email and password that is. i guess you could always change the password after the fact. i would suggest callin though
    12-31-09 10:24 AM
    Did you guys wipe the phone before you sold it? B/C they(RIM) can get info from the PIN # the phone has? Right?
    12-31-09 10:25 AM
    Don't give it. As said above Verizon has the ability to release the device and attach it to the new owners BIS plan.
    12-31-09 10:34 AM
    Yes, the phone was wiped before sent. Cliff, are you 100% sure? So the buyer himself just needs to call Verizon and release and attach the new BIS again to his account? Should I recommend that to the buyer?
    12-31-09 10:36 AM
    Then, its on the new owner. He should be able to set up his own BIS account with his own email + password.
    12-31-09 10:38 AM
    Yes, the phone was wiped before sent. Cliff, are you 100% sure? So the buyer himself just needs to call Verizon and release and attach the new BIS again to his account? Should I recommend that to the buyer?

Tell the buyer to call Verizon. Get the phone setup on his Cell account. Add the BIS plan and kill off what ever account is on the BIS, Verizon can do this... It's called releasing the PIN that is held to the past account...
    12-31-09 10:41 AM
    I call BS on that one.... If the device was wiped before you sold it to the guy, there is no way he needs the previous email and password. He should be able to go in and set it up for his own account.

If he insists on getting the email address and password, you all need to call Verizon and get it settled.
    12-31-09 10:46 AM
    I am not sure if that phone have sim card. If it does, previous owner should keep the sim card and the new owner will get new sim card with new email account. I am not sure if that sim card is use on this phone.
    12-31-09 10:55 AM
    Tell the buyer to call Verizon. Get the phone setup on his Cell account. Add the BIS plan and kill off what ever account is on the BIS, Verizon can do this... It's called releasing the PIN that is held to the past account...

This is the right way to get it settled.
    12-31-09 10:56 AM
    I call BS on that one.... If the device was wiped before you sold it to the guy, there is no way he needs the previous email and password. He should be able to go in and set it up for his own account.

If he insists on getting the email address and password, you all need to call Verizon and get it settled.
    This guy may be shady and looking to get personal info off your emails? Tell him to go sh!t in his hat!
    12-31-09 10:57 AM
    I am not sure if that phone have sim card. If it does, previous owner should keep the sim card and the new owner will get new sim card with new email account. I am not sure if that sim card is use on this phone.
    The Tour DOES have a SIM card, but it's for use outside on the US - though that slot can be used if the phone is unlocked for use on a GSM network (ATT, TMO, etc).
    12-31-09 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD