hey guys finally was able to update my phone to the new os today after the problems i encountered last week, but anywho, i remember in os 4.7 you can customize ring tones/sounds for every thing, ie bbm, aim, gmail chat...but i cannot find any setting/option that will let me choose my sounds in the new os...can anyone help?

also, what is this new thing (i think it's called 'today' or something) in the new os? and i'm sorry if it was mentioned, but how do you get rid of the emails when you reboot the phone?

thanks a bunch guys
    02-18-10 09:18 PM
    In the Profile app (Speaker icon, generally), scroll down to Edit Profiles - almost everything can be changed.

For Today theme - From the HOME screen, press the BB button to get to the app screen. Press BB, again, Options, then Layout Custom.
    02-18-10 10:37 PM
    ohhh dude, thanks so much...i had a hybrid .230 before this official release and i thought that it was a bug since it's not under the ringtone options...learn something new everyday!
    02-19-10 12:25 AM
    Glad to help. That's actually where the "edit" feature was located in earlier devices - my 8830 spoiled me and I was glad to be able to edit in more detail in OS 5 for the Tour.
    02-19-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD