So I finally got my tour delivered and I've read a million posts saying their battery cover is loose but I'm having the opposite issue, it won't budge! Did anyone else have this issue and do you have any tips on how to get it off. It's not rocket science but I'm even looking directly at the instructions and I can't get it to come off for the life of me. Thanks in advance.
    07-16-09 06:07 PM
    Turn the phone upside down with the back facing you and with your fingernail push the latch down and pull the door towards you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 06:11 PM
    Just tried, nope anybody else?
    07-16-09 06:15 PM
    Is your phone a real phone? Because I know the battery covers don't come off the dummy phones.
    07-16-09 06:16 PM
    LOL @yankeefan, thats funny
    07-16-09 06:18 PM
    Aww how sad your life is so lame that you have time to come up with a lame attempt at sarcasim when someone is asking a legitimate question.
    07-16-09 06:20 PM
    mines pretty snug too. Turn the phone upside down. take your fingernail and slide the middle bar towards the top and lift.

HTH

Good luck
    07-16-09 06:21 PM
    mines pretty snug too. Turn the phone upside down. take your fingernail and slide the middle bar towards the top and lift.

HTH

Good luck
    07-16-09 06:22 PM
    Aww how sad your life is so lame that you have time to come up with a lame attempt at sarcasim when someone is asking a legitimate question.
    He's just bitter because they (Yankees) spend all that money and haven't won anything this decade.
    07-16-09 06:23 PM
    Wow. Someone needs to learn how to take a joke. Life must suck when you're so uptight that you can't laugh a little bit.
    07-16-09 06:25 PM
    He's just bitter because they (Yankees) spend all that money and haven't won anything this decade.
    Nahh I'm not bitter. I've gotten used to it by now. Plus its not my money so George can spend as much of it as he wants.
    07-16-09 06:26 PM
    Oh I can take a joke, you're just not funny.

Wow. Someone needs to learn how to take a joke. Life must suck when you're so uptight that you can't laugh a little bit.
    07-16-09 06:34 PM
    Oh I can take a joke, you're just not funny.
    LOL @yankeefan, thats funny
    See above, he thinks I'm funny.

Whatever. I don't come to these forums to argue with someone who I'll never meet and whose presence on this planet means nothing to me.

I made a mostly kidding remark, which did happen to have a hint of seriousness in it. I played with one of the dummy phones last night, and besides the fact that the trackball doesn't actually move and the battery cover didn't come off, the phone was an EXACT replica of the real one sitting in my pocket. Weirder things have happened than you accidentally being shipped a dummy phone.

I hope you figure out how to open the battery cover and have the best of luck with your Tour. Its a great phone once you can manage to turn it on.
    07-16-09 07:13 PM
    did you finally manage to open the back of the phone?
    07-16-09 07:51 PM
    ok now i know you re blonde and work at strip club. you take your thumbnail and push up (toward the bottom of phone)
    07-16-09 07:53 PM
    PM me your address and I'll come over and do it for you. No charge and Im not a creep.
    07-16-09 07:54 PM
    does 2000 count lol?
    07-16-09 07:55 PM
    mine was extremely hard to get off too without a battery in it. with the battery, it pops right off.
    07-16-09 08:44 PM
    I haven't seen it mentioned that the whole back comes up (so if you're trying to get just the textured part up whole holding the other part down, you are fighting against yourself.)
    Try to hold just the gun metal/chrome part with one hand and press the button upward while lifting the whole back door away from the rest of the body.

mine's snug too, btw...no wobble here
    07-16-09 08:59 PM
    no need to be so uptight, unclench and breathe a bit.
    07-16-09 09:04 PM
    Lol for the last time david I'm not a stripper and I'm not going to pm you I still can't get the freakin door off but I had someone do it for me so I finally got it activated lol. I'm far from uptight, he is just not funny and I thought he was rude... I understand its easy to be a **** and to start making jokes to m0rons in these forums but when someone asks a legitimate question I don't get the need for lame attempts of idi*tic jokes. I'm obviously not the only one that had the issue of the door being super tight and since I saw so many people saying how loose there's were I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had the opposite issue. Anyways thanks for everyone who tried to help me, I appreciate it.
    07-17-09 03:21 AM
    Lol for the last time david I'm not a stripper and I'm not going to pm you I still can't get the freakin door off but I had someone do it for me so I finally got it activated lol. I'm far from uptight, he is just not funny and I thought he was rude... I understand its easy to be a **** and to start making jokes to m0rons in these forums but when someone asks a legitimate question I don't get the need for lame attempts of idi*tic jokes. I'm obviously not the only one that had the issue of the door being super tight and since I saw so many people saying how loose there's were I figured I'd ask to see if anyone had the opposite issue. Anyways thanks for everyone who tried to help me, I appreciate it.

babe, I know that already...wasn't spearmint rhino a dead give away from the get go that I was just joking around?

regardless, many many many thanks for last night! I can honestly say that its the best I ever had, by far.....
    07-17-09 02:42 PM
    You really have me wondering though, how beautiful you reall are..
    07-17-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD