I am looking into trading my iPhone for a Blackberry Tour (unlocked) (my LCD is broken). One of my friends with a BB said that 3g doesn't work. I searched google for answers but came up with nothing. Does 3g not work? Do any other functions not work? I am on rogers network.
    01-26-10 06:44 PM
    I am looking into trading my iPhone for a Blackberry Tour (unlocked) (my LCD is broken). One of my friends with a BB said that 3g doesn't work. I searched google for answers but came up with nothing. Does 3g not work? Do any other functions not work? I am on rogers network.
    I believe you only get EDGE on Rogers. Much slower then 3G is my understanding.
    01-26-10 07:36 PM
    GSM vs CDMA

Blackberry Tour was made for CDMA networks (Telus, Bell), while Rogers has a GSM network. You can get 3G on Rogers using something like a Blackberry Bold
    02-14-10 12:59 PM
    the Tour was designed as a world phone, it does have 3g GSM capability, but only at the european 2100mhz frequencies., thus in NA, only EDGE coverage is available.
    02-14-10 01:10 PM
    the Tour was designed as a world phone, it does have 3g GSM capability, but only at the european 2100mhz frequencies., thus in NA, only EDGE coverage is available.
    So....... does this mean the Tour2 with wifi will be better, or work better, or what, if anything?
    02-14-10 06:16 PM
    So....... does this mean the Tour2 with wifi will be better, or work better, or what, if anything?
    For what you are asking, it would make no difference.
    02-14-10 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD