I don't understand the "it's the same old phone" comments about the tour and the onyx that I see from people. I know the tour is not a revolutionary device, but it is also not the same old phone IMO. Someone please explain to me why they think the tour is nothing special.
    06-17-09 11:40 AM
    Did this really require a new thread?
    06-17-09 11:46 AM
    No. He could have asked this in the thread saying its the same old phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 11:47 AM
    I agree. I think the OP could have gone into one of the other threads started and see why people think that. And also, ask the question there to people that think that. Gotta love CB!
    06-17-09 11:48 AM
    I don't understand the "it's the same old phone" comments about the tour and the onyx that I see from people. I know the tour is not a revolutionary device, but it is also not the same old phone IMO. Someone please explain to me why they think the tour is nothing special.
    Many are referring to the fact that it is basically the same form factor as almost every other blackberry made. Screen above trackball above keyboard. I think they may be looking for more touchscreen devices, sliders, flip phones, etc. Not really sure what many of them want because they simply complain and then leave. They never really state what they woudl like to see.

Some are referring to the fact that RIM did not go crazy and develop a brand new OS just for this device (maybe a little bit of an exaggeration there). People want to see more advancement in the OS by RIM. They want some things changed and others simply improved upon. I think that the release of the Palm Pre with Web OS and the iPhone 3GS may also have something to do with this. Some people are "forced" to use Blackberries and they would rather see their phone with better graphics and active animation and stability be damned.

Hope that helps.

No. He could have asked this in the thread saying its the same old phone.
    I doubt that his question, made in another thread, would have stopped either of you from making some other pointless and absolutely unhelpful comment. Right?
    06-17-09 11:58 AM
    I doubt that his question, made in another thread, would have stopped either of you from making some other pointless and absolutely unhelpful comment. Right?
    Give me a break. There's another thread already totally dedicated to this topic, and there was no need to create a new one just to ask a question. Personally, I'd rather new threads be about the 9630 specifically.
    06-17-09 12:06 PM
    Actually, the Tour is pretty darn revolutionary for us CDMA people. We've been waiting patiently for a "Bold like" device for quite some time now. He77...us Sprint people have been waitng for any kind of a device for quite some time now.

The newer devices are all slightly different from each other. I mean, it's not like I'm going to walk into a room and mistake someone's Storm for my Tour, or any other device for that matter. I think the people who are complaining about the Tour's form factor are just ignorant.

Give me a break. There's another thread already totally dedicated to this topic, and there was no need to create a new one just to ask a question. Personally, I'd rather new threads be about the 9630 specifically.
    Who died and made this ^ guy god? Calm down new guy. Lol
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 06-17-09 at 12:17 PM.
    06-17-09 12:14 PM
    Well, you could always start a new thread about that.
    06-17-09 12:16 PM
    I think people are just tired of seeing the same exact formula being milked over and over again. The Tour, while being powerful, is essentially a beefed up Curve. There's not much added functionality. If you take a look at all of the new devices (Onyx, Bold, Tour, Curve 8900) they all do the same thing. The only difference is the slight change in form factor and a few of the internals.

Yes, some devices are faster and some have better screens, but I think people are wanting to see new features. They want a new OS, not just the same one with different pictures. I'm not complaining here; I'm simply stating what I think people are talking about.

I personally think that RIM is making a tad too many phones that aren't much different. I feel as if they should focus on one or two flagship devices and make them the best they can be.
    06-17-09 12:18 PM
    Well, you could always start a new thread about that.
    Baaaww...hahahahaha!!!
    06-17-09 12:18 PM
    I think people are just tired of seeing the same exact formula being milked over and over again. The Tour, while being powerful, is essentially a beefed up Curve. There's not much added functionality...
    I beg to differ on this one. You cant even begin to compare the Curve to the Tour in that way! Waaaaaay different devices. I can list the specs if you'd like.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 06-17-09 at 12:42 PM.
    06-17-09 12:21 PM

then make one..

I don't think the op made a bad thread

anyway..

from a cdma perspective this is a high end business blackberry. One that has not been available for cdma..

People will say things because the bold has already been out for a while etc..

this device has a few features that the Bold doesn't and the Bold has a few features that this doesn't.

None the less this is a long awaited device for CDMA and by no means should be considered not being good or not worth while..
    06-17-09 12:22 PM
    I think people are just tired of seeing the same exact formula being milked over and over again. The Tour, while being powerful, is essentially a beefed up Curve. There's not much added functionality. If you take a look at all of the new devices (Onyx, Bold, Tour, Curve 8900) they all do the same thing. The only difference is the slight change in form factor and a few of the internals.

Yes, some devices are faster and some have better screens, but I think people are wanting to see new features. They want a new OS, not just the same one with different pictures. I'm not complaining here; I'm simply stating what I think people are talking about.

I personally think that RIM is making a tad too many phones that aren't much different. I feel as if they should focus on one or two flagship devices and make them the best they can be.
    Best read of the day!
    06-17-09 12:22 PM
    I beg to differ on this one. You cant even begin to compare the Curve to the Tour! Waaaaaay different devices. I can list the specs if you'd like.
    Tell me, what exactly can you do on a Tour that you can't do on a Curve? Yeah, you can get it done much quicker on a Tour, but what else?

I'm not bashing - I'm merely playing devil's advocate.
    06-17-09 12:26 PM
    Uh oh...watch out! Its the e-police! He will arrest you with his e-cuffs and read you your e-rights!

Seriously...fall back. Give the OP a break. Jesus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 12:30 PM
    Tell me, what exactly can you do on a Tour that you can't do on a Curve? Yeah, you can get it done much quicker on a Tour, but what else?

Actually, you tell me...what exactly can you do on a Tour that you can't do on every other Blackberry thats out (besides roam globally)? I'm just saying that the Tour is not a "beefed up Curve" (as you stated below). It's an updated WE device and the fact that it has way more functionality and global roaming included puts it in a different class all together.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 06-17-09 at 12:39 PM.
    06-17-09 12:36 PM

Well, to start with the Tour is a world phone where the 8330 is locked to the US only. The Tour will also have (reported) unlocked GPS for use with other GPS apps besides VZNav. It will have a better OS, that none of the curves will supposedly ever see. The Tour has more memory for apps, so you can actually do more because you will have access to more. It also has a larger screen with higher resolution. It has a more advanced browser and runs on REV A which does mean that the data connection is faster as well.
    Last edited by roeod4; 06-17-09 at 12:41 PM.
    06-17-09 12:37 PM
    The WE part aside, what added functionality is there? I shouldn't be the one telling you - you're the one telling me that I'm wrong to compare the devices. I don't care which phone it's replacing.

You can't much else on a Tour as opposed to the Curve. It's that simple. There's no new features.

I'm personally going to jump and get the Tour the first day it comes out. I want to be able to do everything faster. I can't hide the fact that I agree with the 'same old phone' comments though.
    06-17-09 12:39 PM
    The WE part aside, what added functionality is there? I shouldn't be the one telling you - you're the one telling me that I'm wrong to compare the devices. I don't care which phone it's replacing.

You can't much else on a Tour as opposed to the Curve. It's that simple. There's no new features.

I'm personally going to jump and get the Tour the first day it comes out. I want to be able to do everything faster. I can't hide the fact that I agree with the 'same old phone' comments though.
    I didn't say you were wrong for comparing the devices. I'm simply saying that it's not a "beefed up Curve" (as stated by you). Not even close. Seriously....open up Google and do some research. F***!
    06-17-09 12:42 PM
    I know the differences between the phones, bud. I don't need to do any google research. I've been around here long enough.

You're not telling me how it's not a beefed up Curve. GPS and WE functions aside, there is no added functionality. More memory, faster processor, better screen - this is what I mean by "beefed up."
    06-17-09 12:43 PM
    I know the differences between the phones, bud. I don't need to do any google research. I've been around here long enough.

You're not telling me how it's not a beefed up Curve. GPS and WE functions aside, there is no added functionality. More memory, faster processor, better screen - this is what I mean by "beefed up."
    Every phone in succession after the previous phone is always a "beefed up" phone. On the VZW network, the new OS over the old Curve makes a huge difference, not to mention the improved media capabilities, browser, etc.
    06-17-09 12:48 PM
    Well, to start with the Tour is a world phone where the 8330 is locked to the US only. The Tour will also have (reported) unlocked GPS for use with other GPS apps besides VZNav. It will have a better OS, that none of the curves will supposedly ever see. The Tour has more memory for apps, so you can actually do more because you will have access to more. It also has a larger screen with higher resolution. It has a more advanced browser and runs on REV A which does mean that the data connection is faster as well.
    So in other words, everything a Curve does but slightly faster. That's not really doing anything different. Just doing it better. No one said that this isn't a hugh upgrade over the curve 8330. But comparing ACROSS THE BOARD and not carrier specific, it's blah. I think people want to see a device that makes people just ship much like the Storm. Whether that's reasonable or not, it's a different story LOL. But if I had the Bold for AT&T, I'm not jumping to VZW for damn near the same phone.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 06-17-09 at 12:57 PM.
    06-17-09 12:48 PM
    I know the differences between the phones, bud. I don't need to do any research. I've been around here long enough.

Going based off of what you're saying then, regardless of the size differences, the 9000 is a beefed up 8300 and that the 8300 is a beefed up 8700. Which means that none of these devices are really any different from the 857. Really?

Now I know that the Tour and Bold have more functionality than the 857 did. So what functionality are you looking for? Should it make toast too?
    06-17-09 12:54 PM
    Going based off of what you're saying then, regardless of the size differences, the 9000 is a beefed up 8300 and that the 8300 is a beefed up 8700.
    Exactly. LOL. Of course if we compare from the end of the spectrums, then of course the devices are vastly different. But I believe RIM releases devices in a series. Devices in the same series are not that much different from each other except for a few tweaks (putting carrier aside). I just think people are just not excited right now, except those that did not have access to the newer blackberries. In that case, I would be excited too. I think it also has to do with people switching carriers all the time for the newest device so they get bored quickly. Not saying that it's right, just saying. Personally, I would rather them release devices (for all carriers!) less frequently in order to build up anticipation and actually have the feel of brand new devices instead of marginal tweaks. But that's just me.
    06-17-09 01:02 PM

1. Don't call me "bud"....I'm not your buddy.

2. Your just being ignorant and not willing to listen because you think I'm attacking you. Calm down and take a valium or something.

3. In essence, your saying that ALL newer model RIM devices are just beefed up Curves. Again, thats just ignorance talking.

4. GPS and global roaming capabilities put the Tour in a different class all together. Your comparing apples to oranges.

5. I've been here just as long as you (and I've probably contibuted 10X as much useful info). So playing the "I've been around here long enough" angle is N/A and I'm not sure why you even pulled that card.
    06-17-09 01:08 PM
132 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD