Help !!! I am new to the Blackberry world. Haven't a clue what I'm doing. A friend sent me a txt or maybe an email of a pink ***** running with this weird creepy music. (don't ask, she was being funny I suppose) I deleted the message but now every time I get a message or call or txt I get my regular ring or beep and then this creepy song plays for about 30 seconds. I can't shut it off. It's driving me crazy!!! Can anyone help me please?
    05-27-10 11:21 PM
    You must have VZW and are running their latest OS (5.0.0.591). The only way to stop it is to install a different OS. http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/we...-wants-467690/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    05-27-10 11:26 PM
    I concur with lak611, you need to change your OS, as VZW's current official is buggy'.

You could delete the message and do a battery pull to make this go away but it'll grab whatever the next MMS with sound file is and do the same thing if you don't switch OS.

I recommend 5.0.0.419 for an official release or 5.0.0.643 for a leak.

Open desktop manager and make a backup of your bb (this won't back up your 3rd party apps, use BBSAK for that, plug that into the forum search if you're not familiar with it). Close Desktop Manager when you're done making your backups as you won't need it again until later.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the OS's on the computer. (If you haven't ever installed an OS on the computer, this is unnecessary.) Download and install the OS you want to downgrade (or upgrade) to. After making your backups, go to c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader and delete "vendor.xml" if the file you downloaded is for a different carrier than the one you're on. After making sure you have backed up your phone as mentioned above, I recommend wiping the phone (using jl_cmder, BBSAK, etc), prior to installing the new OS . In the same folder mentioned earlier, click "loader.exe".

When that finishes, your new OS should be loaded. You will have to restore your backups using DM and BBSAK manually if you wiped prior to installing the OS as recommended.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD