I only want my tour to alert me of new texts...not email... anyone know how to do this
    07-12-09 04:55 PM
    go up to profiles, click, then click on alerts, and you can change all email alerts
    07-12-09 04:58 PM
    NVM, trying to be helpful.
    Last edited by TheScionicMan; 07-12-09 at 05:42 PM.
    07-12-09 05:00 PM
    go up to profiles, click, then click on alerts, and you can change all email alerts
    I tried that...for email i turned off all alerts but it still vibrates
    07-12-09 05:01 PM
    Go into Profiles. At the bottom of the list you'll see Advanced. Click on the Profile you are using and it will open up for editing.
    Not in the current software.

You have to click "Set Ringtones/Alerts"
    07-12-09 05:02 PM
    I tried that...for email i turned off all alerts but it still vibrates
    When you are in the edit Ringtones/Alerts and click on the email link, make sure the "Vibrate" option is set to "off"
    07-12-09 05:03 PM
    Not in the current software.

You have to click "Set Ringtones/Alerts"
    then from there what do u do?
    07-12-09 05:03 PM
    then from there what do u do?
    1. Click Set ringtones/alerts
    2. Open the Messages box
    3. Click on the email you wish to edit
    4. Scroll to Vibration
    5. Set to "Off"
    07-12-09 05:11 PM
    1. Click Set ringtones/alerts
    2. Open the Messages box
    3. Click on the email you wish to edit
    4. Scroll to Vibration
    5. Set to "Off"
    I have one email on my tour. I did the above but it still vibrates with each new email....
    07-12-09 05:14 PM
    Which profile are you currently on? Normal or Vibrate?
    07-12-09 05:14 PM
    Which profile are you currently on? Normal or Vibrate?
    im on vibrate
    07-12-09 05:16 PM
    There's the issue. When you click the edit ringtones/alerts, it ONLY changes the "Normal" settings, not the Vibrate settings.

Reference http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pr...itable-264924/

You need to create your own custom profile under the "Custom Profiles" sections. Pain the ***, I know...but there is not current fix. You need to just start from scratch and make your own Vibrate profile, then you can turn it off as I mentioned. Make sure you also edit everything in your custom profile
    07-12-09 05:18 PM
    There's the issue. When you click the edit ringtones/alerts, it ONLY changes the "Normal" settings, not the Vibrate settings.

Reference http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pr...itable-264924/

You need to create your own custom profile under the "Custom Profiles" sections. Pain the ***, I know...but there is not current fix. You need to just start from scratch and make your own Vibrate profile, then you can turn it off as I mentioned. Make sure you also edit everything in your custom profile
    wow... it worked.. but why did bb or vw do such a thing... does not make sense to me
    07-12-09 05:29 PM
    wow... it worked.. but why did bb or vw do such a thing... does not make sense to me
    No idea. Its the same way on the Storm as well. Very dumb in my opinion. Basically I had to recreate everythign that was already there.

Oh well. Glad it worked out for ya!
    07-12-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD