I was trying to update VZ Navigator (with verizon on the phone) now I'm getting that 552 error reload software. I have searched the forum and tried BBSAK, Application loader but nothing is working could someone help walk me through this Verizon tek support is trying to help but it not working. You guys are my last hope. Thanks

PS I've gotta be doin something wrong!!!!
    03-02-10 01:24 PM
    You need to use either Desktop Manager or BBSAK and remove VZ Navigator. You should be able to remove it and your phone will boot up like before the error.

Where are you stuck?

Sometimes removing the app that resulted in the 552 error isn't possible.

If you cannot remove the app, you need to reload your OS. Then re-install your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you've made a device backup so you can restore your device data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 01:28 PM
    You need to use either Desktop Manager or BBSAK and remove VZ Navigator. You should be able to remove it and your phone will boot up like before the error.

Where are you stuck?

Sometimes removing the app that resulted in the 552 error isn't possible.

If you cannot remove the app, you need to reload your OS. Then re-install your 3rd party apps. Hopefully you've made a device backup so you can restore your device data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

Unfortunately I didn't back it up, But I'm using app loader to restore. I tried to remove vz navigator but now its connecting to JVM and all that when I click add or remove. I don't have a clue whats wrong I just need a step by step.
    03-02-10 01:37 PM
    Follow this step-by-step. It's straightforward:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...2-tour-366756/

Keep us updated on progress.

03-02-10 01:46 PM
    Follow this step-by-step. It's straightforward:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...2-tour-366756/

Keep us updated on progress.

\

got it back thanks!!!!
    03-02-10 01:51 PM
    Did you remove the VZ Navigator and boot up again? Or did you have to reload the OS? This error is annoying and you will most likely get it again if you don't either upgrade your OS to 5.0 OR remove some apps.

03-02-10 01:57 PM
    Did you remove the VZ Navigator and boot up again? Or did you have to reload the OS? This error is annoying and you will most likely get it again if you don't either upgrade your OS to 5.0 OR remove some apps.

I removed vz navigator but the icon is still showing up!! All i'm trying to do is update vz navigator to the new version!
    I don't have the new os i just got this phone the other day as a replacement! But i'm a little leary of getting the leaked OS.
    03-02-10 03:06 PM
    The OS 5 isn't leaked. It just hasn't been released by VZW yet. Many other carriers have approved and released OS 5 for Tour. However, i won't download those. i'm waiting until VZW releases the new Tour OS.

When you click on the VZ Navigator icon, does VZ Nav app open? Or does it just take you to the link to download it?

Here is the download link for VZ Navigator either way. However, you may get the 552 error again if you still have the same amount of apps installed on your BlackBerry. i was getting the 552 error too, and since then i have deleted all but my must have apps and haven't had the error (21 apps installed, 100277956 Bytes Free File. i got that error pretty consistently when i reached about 40 apps and 70000000 Free File).

VZ Navigator 5.1.0

You get to the VZ Navigator download link by going to VZ Today, clicking on Get Apps, then VZ Navigator.

03-02-10 03:16 PM
    The OS 5 isn't leaked. It just hasn't been released by VZW yet. Many other carriers have approved and released OS 5 for Tour. However, i won't download those. i'm waiting until VZW releases the new Tour OS.

When you click on the VZ Navigator icon, does VZ Nav app open? Or does it just take you to the link to download it?

Here is the download link for VZ Navigator either way. However, you may get the 552 error again if you still have the same amount of apps installed on your BlackBerry. i was getting that app too, and since then i have deleted all but my must have apps and haven't had the error (21 apps installed, 100277956 Bytes Free File. i got that error pretty consistently when i reached about 40 apps and 70000000 Free File).

VZ Navigator 5.1.0

You get to the VZ Navigator download link by going to VZ Today, clicking on Get Apps, then VZ Navigator.

I just went through and deleted some apps. I didn't have a lot so I'm gonna try this again. I am getting the link when I click the Icon and when it downloads it say it successful but then I get a module 12 error!! It's driving me nuts!!!
    03-02-10 03:26 PM
    Hmmm. Can you just click past the error? Try going to Options Icon-Advanced Options-Applications-VZNavigator-Menu-Delete.

This should remove all modules. Then reboot and try the link i posted above. Or just use the link i posted (first one) and it should install the new Nav over the old.

The new VZ Nav is really good. You must have it!

03-02-10 03:28 PM
    NOTE: Before downloading anything or doing anything further with apps, you should use Desktop Manager to make a backup of your device information!

If you don't, and you end up with a 552 error that is not fixable or a 507 error, you will have lost ALL your device info (ie contacts, password keeper content, memos, emails, calendar, etc)

03-02-10 03:35 PM
    NOTE: Before downloading anything or doing anything further with apps, you should use Desktop Manager to make a backup of your device information!

If you don't, and you end up with a 552 error that is not fixable or a 507 error, you will have lost ALL your device info (ie contacts, password keeper content, memos, emails, calendar, etc)

Hey it worked thank so much for your help!!! Now lets hope it stays workin!!
    03-02-10 11:03 PM
    Awesome, glad you got it. Let me know if you have any questions about the new VZ Navigator version. Options were moved around!

03-02-10 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD