OK so I need my Blackberry Tour unlocked to use in Singapore. As per instructions online, I called Verizon customer service, and asked them to unlock my Tour because I will be traveling to Europe. The rep agreed to unlock it and asked for a number on the SIM card, and dial *228 (or something like that) to "unlock" it. She did not give me a code to input into the phone.

Now when I go to advanced options and SIM card, it says "SIM Card: Security disabled" however, when I do the MEPD method, it says the network is still active. Did this rep do anything to unlock my phone? WTH was the whole *228 deal about?
    05-22-10 09:53 PM
    I believe I needed to enter a code that the Global rep provided. But it has been a while. Others should be by to confirm what is needed.

I don't remember what you are suppose to see when you check
    05-22-10 10:02 PM
    You need to enter an unlock code into the phone. The rep may have misunderstood you and just activated the Vodafone SIM card to work overseas.
    05-22-10 10:18 PM
    They did not unlock your phone. There is a SIM unlock code that you would have actually needed to type in. Call Global Services at 1-800-711-8300 and they will do it for you.
    05-22-10 11:39 PM
    OK so I need my Blackberry Tour unlocked to use in Singapore. As per instructions online, I called Verizon customer service, and asked them to unlock my Tour because I will be traveling to Europe. The rep agreed to unlock it and asked for a number on the SIM card, and dial *228 (or something like that) to "unlock" it. She did not give me a code to input into the phone.

Now when I go to advanced options and SIM card, it says "SIM Card: Security disabled" however, when I do the MEPD method, it says the network is still active. Did this rep do anything to unlock my phone? WTH was the whole *228 deal about?
    No they didn't/ They need to give the 8 Digit MEP unlock code which you need to enter on your phone.
    05-23-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD