Email is pushed over the air, not synched via Desktop Manager. That's why it's not available. I'm puzzled though. If you are on BES, your contacts, calendar and memos should by synched OTA also. You should not have to copy yourself on sent emails. The Sent Items folder in Outlook should have every email you send, whether sent from Outlook or from your BlackBerry. It sounds like your BES is not configured properly. You will need to get your IT deparment to fix that for you.

If I need to store an attachment separately from the email that delivered it, I manually open it and use Save As.
    11-19-09 09:00 PM
    My account includes BIS not BES (I could add BES for $20 more a month but not worth it to me). So, if I understand correctly, I cannot sync email with a BIS account, only a BES account. I can retreive it using pop mail from my work server and see it on both my blackberry and laptop, but I think to get emails sent from the blackberry onto my laptop I have to copy myself on them like I did on the treo.

That's OK though, but then I see no reason to use outlook for email, just wanted to be sure. I prefer eudora since I can send attachments to a specified folder. I like that since I am a scientist, and people send me data that I don't always want to open and save when I get it, but do want to be able to have saved and stored for when I want to work on it. The only advantage of outlook is address book sharing, but to me not worth the hassle of having to manually save every email.

Except for some very bad glitches getting started (I got a defective unit that was just replaced today) I love the tour. I am already used to the trackpad and like outlooks PIM features just fine.
    11-19-09 10:03 PM
    Email is pushed OTA the same with BIS as BES. This line in your previous post confused me:
    I am using the BES push through server (sprint, windowsXP, outlook07).
    Since you are on BIS, you will use DM to control synching the calendar, memos, tasks, and contacts. Messages / Options / Email Reconciliation on your BlackBerry allows you to control how emails are synched to your PC. Take a look at those settings, and if you have a specific question I'll try to answer it. I am on BES, so there may be some BIS functions that work slightly differently for me.
    11-19-09 10:19 PM
    OK, sorry for the confusion. I get it now. The fellow that hosts our work email lets us access it through a webmail program or other pop clients. I just looked there, and indeed it did have all the messages that I sent from my blackberry in the sent folder there.

The problem is that when I use either eudora or outlook, while they are retieving incoming email from the server, just like the blackberry, they have no record of emails sent whether from the blackberry or the webmail server.

So, while I used to have my email deleted from the server when it was retrieved by outlook or eudora, I just set it to not delete. Then everything is stored there and backed up, including what I do on my blackberry, but I will continue to use eudora on my laptop and the backberry on the road.

I do not see anything called Messages/Options/Email Reconciliation on my blackberry, but I will read the manual that came with the phone and ask some people at work tomorrow that I believe do this with the same email server as I do.

Thanks again for the helpful comments.
    11-19-09 10:28 PM
    ...I do not see anything called Messages/Options/Email Reconciliation on my blackberry, but I will read the manual that came with the phone and ask some people at work tomorrow that I believe do this with the same email server as I do.

Thanks again for the helpful comments.
    In the Messages folder, press the BB key, then Options / Email Reconciliation.
    11-19-09 10:35 PM
    Got it, thanks. Still learning to use the device, I am old. My kids had their curves figured out in 10 minutes.

So, reconciliations is set up to sync, which is why I think it is syncing sent mail with my MAIL server, its just not syncing it with eudora or outlook. SO, is there a way to tell Outlook or eudora runnng on a laptop to sync SENT as well as INBOUND mail with the pop server?
    11-20-09 07:47 AM
    The Tour rocks the **** out of the Curve. I updated from an 8330 and never looked back. The simple fact that I never have to worry about free memory with the Tour makes it worth-while. Couple that with higher res screen, better camera, international use, and you can't go wrong.
    11-20-09 08:40 AM
    well man.. i havn't used the palms but i hear good things about them.. let me let you know that i had the 8330 before i got my tour and i think the tour is awesome.. great display.. keyboard is awesome, also be sure to get tetherberry for your bb... its a one time buy and then you get free internet using the internet on your bb!! Best buy i ever got... hope this helps you .
    11-20-09 09:01 AM
    OK, thanks for the continued help. I solved the email problem. I just met with the IT guy that hosts the work server. To keep things synchronized between server, desktop client, and BB, you must use IMAP not POP mail, but he set it up so now I am good (even with eudora which I prefer to outlook).

Thanks for the tip on the tetherberry, I'll need to order one. Technically its not part of my service, but I imagine unless I use it a lot they won't know (same with my treo, I used PDAnet which was not technically part of my service but they never called me on it, but I only use it for 'emergencies' like if the internet goes down in my home or I am in an airport, etc.).
    11-20-09 10:19 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD