Hey YaAll

Non Teckey HiLlBiLlY needs a little help Plezzzzzzzz.

Problem... No damage or moisture at all to get started..

Went and got phone to set alarm screen was on the help screen done it on it's own I guess. Went to go to desktop and it was froze up.
    Pulled Batt. to reboot rebooted but remained locked up and unresponsive.( I have done this quite a few times " pulling battery to reboot" and have allowed 30 sec to over nite to reinstull battery to allow reboot and remains the same) Now for the funny part as it sets after reboot while on ( I can't turn off with the end call button it's unresponsive.) The damn thing takes a mind of it's own from just making radom calls from my contacts to typing out text and emails with random letter.. Now as it is just setting it starts playing differant ring tones or will call contacts on it's own. I can't talk to them or stop anything unless I pull Battery. Then it reboots like it always has then once rebooted it is back to being crazy. Any Idea's???? It's kind of funny but been a couple days and I would like to have a working phone agian.. Thank You ahead of time for a responce that may help..
    11-23-10 09:29 AM
    I would wipe it with BBSAK and then reload a new operating system on to it and see how it reacts from there.

The OS can be found by googling
    'your carrier' blackberry software

bbsak can be found at BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

How To Reload Your Operating System - BlackBerry Support Community Forums is a very descriptive guide.

There are also a few 101/tutorials on here as well.

if you really arent good at following written instruction there are also many videos on youtube.

good luck!
    11-23-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD