]ok, ive had a blackberry since they were blueberries. for real, almost every model. love them. blah blah. ran into a new problem...a friend of mine swindled verizon into sending him a new 9630 for free claiming his old has issues. i bought his new but its locked to verizon and i have tschmobile. everywhere i have looked is stoopid expensive to unlock, not to mention i just think at this day and age we should have the tech to get this free. can anyone help me out with unlocking this beastly machine for free?
    01-05-10 02:40 PM
    Put your flame suit on.

Swindling Verizon to get a new device is what your friend did. I am surprised that he did not have to exchange the device in order to get the new one. As for unlocking it, you will more than likely have to pay a third party unlocking service. The ESN is probably flagged in Verizon's system, so calling Verizon for it probably will not get you anywhere.
    01-05-10 02:55 PM
    Your ESN is stuck to verizon. You can use a third party company to unlock the device and use it on a GSM carrier. You can't unlock it and use it on CDMA carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-10 04:55 PM
    Wow! Talk about BRAZEN!

Admitting FRAUD in a public forum. AND then asking people to find/give you a free unlock code which is normally something that would need to be purchased.

WOW!!!

And then double posting about it as well. Super!
    01-05-10 05:25 PM
    Like I said.....flame suit on!!!
    01-05-10 05:27 PM
    We can unlock it for you and are prices are fairly reasonable.
    01-05-10 07:25 PM
    flame suit? are you serious you melvin? do you guys work for verizon? do you work for RIM? are you loosing money by me getting a free phone? who cares. people relax. im sure if we looked into your lives a free phone would seem mild compared to some of the stuff youve done so lets not throw stones.
    01-09-10 10:34 AM
    To the moderators, how do I report harassing Private Messages from another user?
    01-09-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD