Hello,

This is my first post here and love this site. I got my first BB in October, the Tour, not really knowing what I was getting except for a good deal from Verizon for renewing my contract. 2 or 3 months later, I'm hooked and ain't ever going back to a regular phone.

I have Verizon for a carrier and where I reside is a 1X coverage area. For whatever reason, as soon as I cross the county line in any direction, I lose the 1XEV network. This is not an exaggeration, I can literally see my countys outline on the Verizon map. Except for that, I love Verizon and will never consider another cell phone company.

Anyway, I am having an issue with the BIS. Nearly every day, I'll check my connections and see I'm not connected to the BIS. I've found that when I do a battery pull or soft reset, I'm reconnected for a brief time before I lose the connection again. I'm running .61 for an operating system which I did an OTA download when it came out. I didn't check connections with the old OS so I don't know if this was an issue before.

Anyways, sorry bout all the paragraphs, I'm kinda nitpicky bout grammar so I post like I want to read. I did do a search before posting but nothing seemed quite relevant to my issue. Thanks for ya'lls time.
    01-05-10 05:39 PM
    What's the question?
    01-05-10 06:50 PM
    Sorry,
    the question is what do I have to do to keep the BIS connection or do I have to do frequent resets?
    01-05-10 07:15 PM
    Well, if you are constantly going into an area with no or slow data coverage, then the device is going to run the risk of losing its data connection. And sometimes it doesn't come back on it's own.

I wonder if you are sometimes slipping to 1x instead of 1X.

My personal experience has been that the device does not work well when it is not receiving a 1XEV connection.
    01-05-10 07:35 PM
    Greatly 'ppreciate it. That makes a lot of sense and I wondered how much the signal data had to do with the connection.
    01-05-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD