I was having problems too with the headphone jack. I went to the store and they exchanged it for a new one. They tested my headphones on one of the units in the store first though.
    07-20-09 04:28 PM
    My jack didn't work with my sony earbuds but worked fine with the headset/mic that came in the Tour box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 04:40 PM
    3 rings is stereo WITH microphone. 2 rings is just stereo. One ring is mono.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I can't seem to find an answer to my question anywhere, although this quote does explain a few things.

I am trying to find an adapter that will enable me to use my corded mono headset/microphone for hands-free talking on the Tour. I have a BT headset, but I like to have a corded set available and I can't get one to work on my Tour.

The plug on the corded headset is 2.5 mm with 2 rings and it worked great with my old 8830. I bought a 2.5 mm-to-3.5 mm adapter, also with 2 rings, from RadioShack---the package said it was a stereo adapter and it doesn't seem to work, so am I correct in assuming that it doesn't support the mono headphone with microphone?

I'm not concerned about listening to music with this headset, I just want to be able to plug the headset/microphone that I like (with the typical 2.5 mm plug) into the Tour's 3.5 mm jack and use it for hands-free talking on my Tour.

Does anyone have any ideas about how (or if) I can make this work? Is there some type of special adapter for this?
    Last edited by mededitor; 07-30-09 at 10:44 PM.
    07-30-09 10:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD