So I loaded some music on my Tour today and plugged in the headphones that came with the phone. However, I noticed that when I went to play the music it still came through the phone and not the headphones. Do I have to enable anything special to use the headphones?
    07-12-09 05:06 PM
    Interesting! I'm anxious to hear this...
    07-12-09 05:07 PM
    Yea, with the music player up just click the blackberry button and change it to headset
    07-12-09 05:10 PM
    Hmmm, I thought I did that but maybe I didn't have the jack pushed in enough. I'll try later and let you all know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 05:34 PM
    I'm having this same issue but when I use a different pair of headphones, only the right one has sound.
    When I plug in my Tour to extrnal speakers, the sound only comes out the phone.
    07-12-09 05:46 PM
    I just tried again and with yet another pair of headphones, both earbuds are working. All of the headphones i tried are functioning as I have tried them first with mu iPod.

1 - earbuds - right only
    2 - External Speakers - phone only
    3 - earbuds - functioning properly

Also I tried them with my car's aux. input and it would actually switch from using the phone's speaker and using the car's. (It would use the car's for maybe 30 seconds then use the phone's for 5 seconds, etc.)

Help?
    07-12-09 05:50 PM
    I was listening pandora today with a pair of skullcandy earbuds and everything worked fine.

07-12-09 06:07 PM
    So I figured out the issue... apparently with the earbuds supplied with the phone, you can push them in too far, which will cause them to go unrecognized and not play. They should sit out about 5-10 millimeters out of the phone. Any farther or closer and they won't be recognized. Not sure if this is the phone or the earbuds, but either way it's a poor show for that.
    07-12-09 07:34 PM
    So that must be happening with my other ones too?
    07-12-09 08:21 PM
    The BB headphones I had to pull out a little to work. Bose ear buds work fine.
    07-12-09 08:27 PM
    my headphone jack does not work....or work properly. if I push the plug all the way in and wiggle it I can get it to make contact. then if Im listening and bump it it will break contact. this is not correct. all of my headphones and adapters work in my Curve and continue to do so. IMO this is a hardware issue and mine is going back.
    07-12-09 08:31 PM
    Do not push it all the way in. Pull the plug out one "click" and it should work fine.
    07-12-09 08:33 PM
    I'm probably going to wait 2 weeks then exchange it at Verizon.

If I bought this phone at BestBuy can I get my exchange at Verizon?
    07-12-09 08:43 PM
    You should be able to.
    I'm probably going to wait 2 weeks then exchange it at Verizon.

If I bought this phone at BestBuy can I get my exchange at Verizon?
    07-12-09 08:53 PM
    Picked up my tour on the way to the airport, had to fly to CA for business, and loaded my music no problem. On the flight I went to listen to my Bose earphones and the speaker phone started belting out music on max volume...kind of embarrassing. I wiggled the jack and got it to work intermittently. Switched to a piece of junk pair of headphones I bought at a gift shop in Houston and they worked fine.

I am in agreement that this seems to be a hardware issue with the connections within the jack. No other explanation I can think of.
    07-12-09 08:54 PM
    So I figured out the issue... apparently with the earbuds supplied with the phone, you can push them in too far, which will cause them to go unrecognized and not play. They should sit out about 5-10 millimeters out of the phone. Any farther or closer and they won't be recognized. Not sure if this is the phone or the earbuds, but either way it's a poor show for that.
    Brilliant!!!! Thanks. Totally worked when I tried the stock headphones without pushing all the way in.
    07-23-09 12:06 PM
    Used To Happen To Me On Previous OS's On My Storm.
    07-23-09 12:11 PM
    Yeah I just noticed this today. First time listening to mp3 with headset supplied...what a JUNK! These BB oem headsets make Ipod headset look like Bose. I have to pull the headset out and get the connection just right otherwise, either i can only hear left, only right, right is louder than left, etc...with ipod headset, its either i can hear or or not hear it but you still have to get the connection just right....Should I return my Tour for a new one?
    07-23-09 06:08 PM
    This is sooo ghetto guys I mean cmon! So did any of you return the Tour and get a new one due to this? is it any better?
    07-23-09 06:09 PM
    This exact thing happened to me. I tried the headphones that came in the box and they didn't work, the music would just play out of the phones speakers. Went back to the store and the guy tried the headphones in his Curve and they worked.....weird right?.....they we tried different headphones in my Tour and they worked......weirder right?????......after all that I just wanted the phone replaced cause I didn't want to take any chances.....
    07-24-09 10:10 AM
    This exact thing happened to me. I tried the headphones that came in the box and they didn't work, the music would just play out of the phones speakers. Went back to the store and the guy tried the headphones in his Curve and they worked.....weird right?.....they we tried different headphones in my Tour and they worked......weirder right?????......after all that I just wanted the phone replaced cause I didn't want to take any chances.....
    did the new one have the same problem? Mine seemed to work better with other headphones I tried but more problems with BB headset, connection was a issue nonetheless.

yeah, you did the right thing...swap it out while you can.
    07-24-09 10:15 AM
    When I listen to pandora or any other music with my blackberry using my headphone jack into my cars mini jack the voice dial keeps coming on interment. When it comes on it turns the sound off. Anyone have any ideas.

07-24-09 03:25 PM
    did the new one have the same problem? Mine seemed to work better with other headphones I tried but more problems with BB headset, connection was a issue nonetheless.

yeah, you did the right thing...swap it out while you can.
    Yeah the new one has worked great with multiple headsets......knock on wood.....
    07-25-09 08:10 PM
    I just noticed I seem to have this same issue. The earbuds that came with the Tour work fine, and a set of crappy old Sony headphones I have work fine, but the Tour barely even detects my good Shure earbuds. If I pull out the connector a few millimeters and jiggle it the sound comes in, but if move it even a bit, the sound cuts out.

Anything else I can try?

Otherwise, I guess I should go for a replacement Tour, huh?
    Last edited by metsfan84; 07-26-09 at 11:17 PM.
    07-26-09 11:02 PM
    I just noticed I seem to have this same issue. The earbuds that came with the Tour work fine, and a set of crappy old Sony headphones I have work fine, but the Tour barely even detects my good Shure earbuds. If I pull out the connector a few millimeters and jiggle it the sound comes in, but if move it even a bit, the sound cuts out.

Anything else I can try?

Otherwise, I guess I should go for a replacement Tour, huh?
    I have this exact same problem with my pair of Shure earbuds not working, and my crappy earbuds I have around the house working fine. Obviously the hardware is not made up to par, or else they would ALL work, but you saying you have problems with your Shure's makes me think that Shure's earbuds just aren't totally compatible with RIM's design of the jack. Either way I'm calling VZM tomorrow and requesting a replacement phone. If the new one also doesn't work with my Shures, then it will be time to buy new earbuds. Good luck!
    07-26-09 11:28 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD