I lost my second tour last weekend (I know I know, I need to tie the damn thing to my leg) so replacement comes in mail and I figure ill load up 5.0 on it AGAIN.

Well this weekend my computer decided to crap on me as it was in the middle of doing the upgrade the phone is working, however I'm missing all applications and games. My question is if I save my most recent backup to flashdrive and take it to work install DM and download the 5.0.419 MTS file again and reinstall will I be good to go my home computer is at this point to unstable to try messing with this again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 04:08 AM
    I lost my second tour last weekend (I know I know, I need to tie the damn thing to my leg) so replacement comes in mail and I figure ill load up 5.0 on it AGAIN.

Well this weekend my computer decided to crap on me as it was in the middle of doing the upgrade the phone is working, however I'm missing all applications and games. My question is if I save my most recent backup to flashdrive and take it to work install DM and download the 5.0.419 MTS file again and reinstall will I be good to go my home computer is at this point to unstable to try messing with this again

Yes. If you can get your most recent back up file, all your databases will be easily reloadable as long as you point DM to where they are (you can load from flash drive). As far as your apps, you're going to have to find the most recent .alx file you created with all the .cods to restore them. You can create this backup either using BBSAK or halfway through the Device Switch Wizard process in DM.

It is important to note that the normal backup created by DM does NOT include third party apps (although I never understood why....)
    01-28-10 07:05 AM
    Well I'm not worried about third-party apps as much as the stuff I kno should be on my phone such as brickbreaker/word mole/docs to go...I know these are only games/one app but if they are missing it leads me to believe there are other things I do not know as much about that are also missing and may be important to the phone functioning 100%

Also, twice when placing phone in charging dock screen goes white doesn't reset just white for about 5 mins and comes back

01-28-10 07:35 AM
    Also what are .aix files never created one?? Only files I have r the ones that dm creates when you auto-backup

01-28-10 07:37 AM
    Also what are .aix files never created one?? Only files I have r the ones that dm creates when you auto-backup

The files DM creates are just backups of your information databases ie contacts, SMS, MMS, e-mails, preferences, etc. Most users find these to be the most important information to back up. However, this process does not include any third party apps that were added on. Creating an .alx file is a loader back up file that encompasses information for all apps on your phone. However, you need the associated .cods for the apps to actually install them.

You should NOT lose brickbreaker, wordmole, etc on an OS upgrade unless you shrink them out or don't check them to load in apploader.
    01-28-10 08:03 AM
    i didn't do anything different this time I upgraded from last time minus the fact my computer froze mid way thru...

I got wordmole and brickbreaker back...still missing docs to go however
    01-29-10 11:27 AM
    Speaking to the white screen on charging doc I have the same issue, it happens quite regularly.... I'm wanting to pin it not only on the doc but the 'beside mode' when docked... because I have my bedside mode set for certain hours. I can dock and undock all day long no white screen, go to bed at night after the "witching hour" and white screen.... but its not 100% of time. Usually happens more often when my battery is below 50%
    01-29-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD