Hello everyone well I finally decided to run a hybrid one my phone and it is now working great but there is something troubling me about Verizon. Okay I read on here numerous times that people were offered another phone after the 3rd replacement. WTF I have been through 7 of their **** referbs and they have done nothing but replace them and give me more minutes which I do not use because most all of the people I call are VZW. I guess what really pissed me off really was today when my friend came to school with a new droid. He had started out with and env3 then the phone broke twice and they offered him a different phone and he got it. Well he said that his other phone broke again and they offered him another different phone. What the **** Verizon gives him 2 different phones and I still have to get the same one after going through more phones than him. I seriously think I am going to cancel with verizon cause to be honest its ridiculous how they treat me. I don't know if it is the store because me and my friend go to the same one it could be though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 02:37 PM
    The Multi Fru was discontinued, so its hard to say if they pushed an upgrade or what for your friend, or maybe he's just nicer than you (who knows). But you are not entitled to a new phone. No other carrier will do that either. Cancel if you wish.
    04-28-10 02:42 PM
    I'm not saying that I was expecting a new phone it just sort of bothers me why david (my friend) was offered one and not me. I mean its more than just the different phone and btw guess what sprint did do that for me when I had the instinct so yeah sprint will. just saying.

04-28-10 02:49 PM
    Maybe it is the way you are going about it. Say things like "..so yeah sprint will..." to people on here kinda gives us a clue as to how you talk to people when you are irritated. Maybe be a little nicer. Definitely don't ever threaten to leave unless you are absolutely ready to cancel your account right then. You can always buy a new phone also. It does say in the contract that you get the same phone as a replacement. So if they offer you a different one then you are lucky and they are being nice.
    04-28-10 02:57 PM
    Thanks MissJennell I know what you mean but Its kind of hard to not get irritated about it especially when I pay them about 300 bucks a month. But does think sound right he said its because he has insurance I really don't know what that has to do with it and considering I have Insurance idk what he means.

04-28-10 03:04 PM
    It kinda depends on the CSR you talked to as well. Some reps are pretty cool and would allow you to swap out to a different phone even though verizon quit the exchange after 3 devices. If you're really that irritated try calling verizon on the phone and explaining it to them. Thats the best way and if you play your cards right you could end up with a different phone.
    04-28-10 03:35 PM
    Did he go from having no data to having to be on a data plan? That is something to consider.
    04-28-10 03:42 PM
    Follwed your advice and found out that they only gave him an upgrade cause his contract was not up for a while and he needed a phone. Haha his contract is not up until like December 2012. Mine is in October so I understand why I was not given one. They were very polite to me and apologized about the confusion. I still may cancel though cause I really like the new iPhone that is going to come out soon and I really have always wanted one. Don't get me wrong the tour is a great phone when it is working but with all the trouble idk if I will get another blackberry but I definately stay part of Crackberry because it is the best fourm I have ever been on. Thanks for all of your help

04-28-10 03:47 PM
    What are the reasons you are on your 7th phone, and what were you friend's phones returned for?
    04-28-10 03:49 PM
    The first phone he dropped in a pool and the second one was ran over. Lol he like breaks them all the time. And oh I ham on my 7th tour because of trackball problems memory modules failing and USB ports malfunctionin.

04-28-10 04:19 PM
    Hello everyone well I finally decided to run a hybrid one my phone and it is now working great but there is something troubling me about Verizon. Okay I read on here numerous times that people were offered another phone after the 3rd replacement. WTF I have been through 7 of their **** referbs and they have done nothing but replace them and give me more minutes which I do not use because most all of the people I call are VZW. I guess what really pissed me off really was today when my friend came to school with a new droid. He had started out with and env3 then the phone broke twice and they offered him a different phone and he got it. Well he said that his other phone broke again and they offered him another different phone. What the **** Verizon gives him 2 different phones and I still have to get the same one after going through more phones than him. I seriously think I am going to cancel with verizon cause to be honest its ridiculous how they treat me. I don't know if it is the store because me and my friend go to the same one it could be though.

I had three Tours and after the third one messed up they put me in a new phone. Sorry.
    04-28-10 04:25 PM
    It's okay. It's great that they allowed you to get a new device. My upgrade is in October but I think that I will get the iPhone HD or whatever it is going to be called I have just not been happy with my Blackberry experince so far.

04-28-10 04:53 PM
    after about 3 replacements in 3 months they're supposed to give you the option of switching to another phone. my wife started with the motorola rival and after the 7th replacement phone in 4 months, all i did was call and say "look i love verizon's services, yada yada yada, and if you send another rival i have to deal with my wife not you and if you just give her the curve 2 i would be willing to resign a 2 year contract (her line was only active for 8 months at that time)" and they sent her a burnt violet curve 2 within 3 days and she's been happy ever since. so it goes to how to talk and deliver yourself to customer service reps. gotta keep in mind they deal with hundreds of calls/per person a day and like the old addage goes "treat others as you would want to be treated yourself" and that will go a long way to get what you would prefer to have instead of having to deal with another phone in a crappy line.
    04-28-10 05:25 PM
    The Tour I now have was a free replacement for my Curve. I was offered any current device. I did not want a touch screen and wanted to stay with a BB. I had documented problems with the Curve and dealt with CS. The techs were super and eventually I received a call offering me a new device. My in store experience was less than satisfactory. If you have a legitimate issue, be persistant and be respectful. A little humor along the way helps too.

04-28-10 06:50 PM
    I was very respectful to them and they were very nice on the phone but to be honest most of the employes in my local VZW store are very rude. Some of them are nice most of them are just not caring especially the manager. But it's all okay because I have talked to my parents who are also on my family plan and I think that I may be getting the iPhone HD or 4G whatever apple decides to call it. Most of it depends though on how much Verizon is going to make me pay of their rediculious ETF. Come on VZW 350 bucks for a phone that cost less to make than say somthing like the iPhone. You don't see AT&T making customers pay that much it's stupid. I really like Crackberry though it has to been one of the best if not the best mobile fourms I have seen.

04-28-10 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD