- last night after i cleared a few messages, the message notification icons ( that red asterik ) are still showing on the envelope icon- there are no new messages..i pulled the battery and they are still there- any way of removing them?
    11-06-09 11:37 AM
    Is it a mini icon or standard sized icon? I've heard on pre OS 5, the mini icon doesn't update.
    11-06-09 11:49 AM
    You need to search for unread messages....it will find the missing one for you
    11-06-09 11:58 AM
    its the small icon- i tried scrolling down and i didnt see anything unread..

thanks for the quick response btw...
    11-06-09 12:00 PM
    You can also goto your message folder, select the date, and select "Mark Prior Opened" to see if that clears it.
    11-06-09 12:22 PM
    thanks to you both- i ran a search again and found what it was..i must have scrolled to fast- they were waaaaay down the list.. :-/

thanks again!
    11-06-09 12:33 PM
    The message notification is smarter than us!
    11-06-09 01:13 PM
    The message notification is smarter than us!
    Well...smarter than him.
    11-06-09 01:18 PM
    Well...smarter than him.
    I've had it happen before too . Scrolling too fast with 80/80 settings and the email is buried in your list somewhere.
    11-06-09 01:31 PM
    I've had it happen within a thread SMS, where I get multiple messages come in at once, and it doesn't register that I read the first message. Sometimes, if I scroll up thru the messages, it'll clear, otherwise, I have to select "Mark Prior Opened". But I never miss a message in my Inbox. =)
    11-06-09 01:36 PM
    I've had it happen within a thread SMS, where I get multiple messages come in at once, and it doesn't register that I read the first message. Sometimes, if I scroll up thru the messages, it'll clear, otherwise, I have to select "Mark Prior Opened". But I never miss a message in my Inbox. =)
    At least it seems to work a lot more often for threaded sms on OS5 than it used to on previous OSes. I swear sometimes before I had to actually open the individual sms or do mark prior...
    11-06-09 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD