hmm OP had it all figured out before he touched it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/to...eymoon-261350/
    Wow he must be psychic. From his short biased review I must say I think he was actually playing with a dummy phone.
    07-11-09 10:06 PM
    One of the problems here is that people are not realizing that some people may not like the Tour *gasp*. We have a large number of people here who are giving the Storm a worse wrap than it deserves in it's current state (yes, it was a terrible, terrible phone at first but is at the worst a "decent" phone by now). These are the same people who are looking at the Tour as the Blackberry "savior" when really it's just a updated Curve that for a short time will be the "best" Blackberry all around and definitely the best CDMA one.

Am I getting it? Probably... but I may just keep my Storm and wait for the Storm 2 or see what Android phones or new Blackberries are coming for Verizon in a few months... Humm...
    Last edited by .MgB.; 07-11-09 at 10:18 PM.
    07-11-09 10:12 PM
    well thanks for your opinion but i doubt you will change most of our thoughts of the tour>>>> countless reviews indicate that the tour is an excellent phone
    07-11-09 10:15 PM
    Anyone else notice the back cover being loose? Don't flame, I just want to know. Also, anyone else notice the camera not being as good as the Storm side by side. Just want to know your thoughts.
    You are an angry person. You must be locked in a contract and unable to upgrade to a Tour.
    07-11-09 10:22 PM
    You are an angry person. You must be locked in a contract and unable to upgrade to a Tour.
    You guys are something else! I gave you my two cents and you cry like little babys. All I said is that there are going to be Storm users who will go back to it once they try the Tour. Why is that so hard to understand? I am picking up my Tour tommorow at Best Buy for $149.00 so quit acting like I am looking for a phone war. I never claimed that the Storm is the jesus phone. Yeah, it has it's flaws like any other phone. My point is that the Tour will not be for everybody. I like the physical keyboard just like you guys and that is the reason I am going to the Tour. In fairness, I got really good with the Storm keyboard so I can't justify all of the chidish remarks regarding the typing on it.

I still stand by my statement about the back cover not being the tightest fitting cover I have seen. To be sure, after dinner, I went back to Best Buy to look at another one. My buddy opened up another box and yes, it was a bit tighter but still not lock down snug. Use your thumbs to push up and down on the cover and you will see the give.

The one thing that really stood out for me was the lock key! It was instant both ways. Speakerphone was very good as was the vibrate. Just because I don't like the camera is not a reason why I would not buy a phone. The video camera was very good. The OS was very smooth and snappy. The trackball was very nice compared to my old curve.

So there you have it, I have said some very positive things about the Tour. Will I still get pasted?

Bottom line is if you want a phone for WOW factor, the Storm will be the phone for you. If you want a phone for a phone first, get the Tour. I need a phone first.
    07-11-09 11:11 PM
    Picture I took today.
    07-11-09 11:18 PM
    I played with the Tour for an hour today along side with my storm with 151 software. Let me say this....there will be many Tours going back and many of you going back to your Storms. the screen is tiny, the camera really sucks!!!!!!! The back battery cover reminds me of the Pearl....very loose! Speed was no different then my Storm. In a nutshell, I was very disappointed in the Tour. The keyboard, while nice....is still to small and hard to type on when in a dark room.

Trust me folks, it's not all that and this will explain the boatloads that the stores have.
    But here's the thing it had your attention for a full hour. If it was so bad you could have tested the camera, data, and the keyboard all within 10 minutes and came to the conclusion. It's always that 1 out of 4, I think I'm going to go with the professional testers on this one and trust their opinions.
    07-11-09 11:27 PM
    But here's the thing it had your attention for a full hour. If it was so bad you could have tested the camera, data, and the keyboard all within 10 minutes and came to the conclusion. It's always that 1 out of 4, I think I'm going to go with the professional testers on this one and trust their opinions.
    Okay, I will give in and admit that my language came off the wrong way. Even with the conclusion that I came up with, I am still buying one.
    07-11-09 11:30 PM
    I JUST realized that pressing "T" is page up and "B" is page down. I'm guessing everyone else knew this, but I had no idea! I'm quite proud of myself for figuring it out (14 months after getting my BB, hehe).

ferniesp: Thanks for the pic!! The tour looks great!! Other pics posted have made it look ugly but I like that one!! Hopefully we'll ALL LOVE our Tour!!

drumzalicious: Are you thinking of switching to AT&T to get the Bold? I also think it's the best *looking* BB on the market, but the Tour's camera and msb (or something tehcy like that) are waaay better. Not to mention that VZW has the best service in my area.
    Last edited by iloveluxury; 07-12-09 at 12:15 AM.
    07-12-09 12:10 AM
    Played w/ one @ BB in AZ this evening and the cover on that sample WAS NOT loose. It moved, but only w/ a lot of force. Perhaps over time, it may become an issue, but I'm sure it's nothing us CB enthusiasts won't creatively address over the next few days.

Oh, and after 15 minutes of playing w/ the thing, I never once saw an hourglass. But maybe the 111.xx MB free had something to do w/ that.
    Last edited by Jodiuh; 07-12-09 at 12:32 AM.
    07-12-09 12:29 AM
    Today at work we got our Bell BB Tour, my self and some of my co workers opened a box and tested it. It is a great phone, compared to the storm, javelin (new curve), and bold - these were the phone we had on us while comparing the tour side by side.

The tour has its strengths and weaknesses, however I will not go in to that because I only sell phone and my main goal is to sell it to you and make money off it. I however will get a tour and a storm because I like them.

The back cover was alright per say, but it is always up to the person right, for me it was not bothersome; not very noticeable.
    07-12-09 01:21 AM
    If over time the back cover gets looser...at least by my standards, I will just put some tape in the back and it will be fine. I just wish the back cover were metal instead of plastic.

I think I forgot to mention and no one else mentioned it as well....the carrying case/holseter is very nice. The overall build of the phone is quite solid and for many users who just hated the lock key....will love this one. I think many of you will really like the video cam...more then the camera.

I am curioius about the browser for many reasons and I can hardly wait to test it. My expectations are that it will be as good as the Storms, no more no less. People will miss the real estate.

You may all be asking why I am buying the Tour and not keeping the Storm. Answers are that I need a phone with a longer lasting battery, a phone that is easier to pull out of the pocktet and answer calls, louder speakerphone and better vibrate. If my Storm did all that, I would keep it.
    07-12-09 01:32 AM
    You forgot "double the ram" and "physical QWERTY", thus putting a kibosh to the maddeningly infuriating usage of the Storm.
    07-12-09 01:41 AM
    I played with the Tour for an hour today along side with my storm with 151 software. Let me say this....there will be many Tours going back and many of you going back to your Storms. the screen is tiny, the camera really sucks!!!!!!! The back battery cover reminds me of the Pearl....very loose! Speed was no different then my Storm. In a nutshell, I was very disappointed in the Tour. The keyboard, while nice....is still to small and hard to type on when in a dark room.

Trust me folks, it's not all that and this will explain the boatloads that the stores have.
    You were right about the back cover.
    07-12-09 01:54 PM
    I'am stil going monday to get the TOUR , up from a curve
    07-12-09 02:21 PM
    I'am still going monday to get the TOUR , up from a curve
    07-12-09 02:23 PM
    Hi all, my first post here, I will be getting the Sprint Tour soon but couldn't resist going to the Verizon store to take a look at the Tour.

I don't know if its just the display model but the rear cover was very loose, it could be just the display unit but I hope mine is not the same way when it arrives. Great looking phone though.
    07-12-09 02:43 PM
    I think he is bored and wants to get everyone riled up.
    Not a hard thing to do at all around here unfortunately
    07-12-09 03:05 PM
    Threads are rising back from the dead ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Edit: I wasn't the one that bumped this thread. There was a post before me that got deleted. Don't blame me!
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-30-09 at 03:23 PM.
    07-30-09 02:20 PM
    hahahahaha someone is digging an old thread
    07-30-09 02:29 PM
    Holy bump

Well they either found something in a search or just came across the thread.....
    07-30-09 02:33 PM
    I'm still getting the Tour
    Same here, i don't think i even want a touch screen.
    07-30-09 02:38 PM
    Saw this thread and thought I'm the only yet to take the Tour for a test drive?

Anyway, finally went by vzw today to handle one. Definitely picking one in a few more weeks. Hopefully, the first OS update will be out by then.
    07-30-09 03:12 PM
    Not sure who the OP was trying to convince. Us or himself.
    07-30-09 03:19 PM
    Not sure who the OP was trying to convince. Us or himself.
    He is all over the place with his opinions. He was on another thread earlier today bashing the Tour to pieces. And here he bashes and then praises. I dont think he has ever seen one let alone played with one. He must just like to type and see his name in the forums.
    Or maybe he has multiple personalities.
    Anyway, I love my Tour and have had the Storm as well. The only thing I miss is the Storm screen size. The issues quoted have not plagued my phone, not even the loose battery cover.
    07-30-09 03:31 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD