I think the issue is that readers/submitters here are more critical than RIM themselves. They're a business, they made a product and sold it. We're the ones who are obsessed and addicted, not them!
    07-29-09 11:55 AM
    Well we're definitely obsessed. I use the Tour for virtually everything while I'm away from the computer.
    07-29-09 12:01 PM
    Yeah, I may go to Verizon today just to see if another Tour has better sound quality but it's no biggie. Everything else is perfect so far. I'd say my call quality is an 8 on a 10 scale.
    07-29-09 12:16 PM
    My Tour is perfectly fine. There's barely any movement on my door. Trackball is great, etc. Some are real issues but alot of this is people knitpicking on things. This is the best berry I've had period. I'm going on day 2 of not rebooting and the phone is still fast as it was initially. Reboot time is about 4mins too. Same as my curve pretty much
    07-29-09 12:26 PM
    The Tour is the best phone I have ever had. The storm was the worst I ever had. I am an extreamly happy Tour owner! This phone is SOLID! love them damn thing!
    07-29-09 12:31 PM
    i have trackball issues when scrolling to the right and some play with my battery cover. i still enjoy it but i think i will probably switch with another device. the janky trackball issue is starting to wear on me and fast
    I had this problem, but then I turned up sensitivity on the horizontal setting for the trackball to 90 instead of 70, and it works fine now.

If you put some electical tape on the back of the phone it'll fix the back door issue.
    07-29-09 01:43 PM
    but my screen does ripple...which bothers me about as much as the knowledge that at any given time, someone is farting somewhere in the world.
    LOL! But it's a bit more disturbing when you think about how much of it is generated by EVERYONE ON THE PLANET at any given time! Throw in cows, horses, camels etc into that equation, and now I really am disturbed...
    07-29-09 01:45 PM
    I don't have too much to complain about..

Trackball = great... after replacement
    Sound volume = decent... my 8330 was better
    Battery door = wiggles... but it's an easy fix

overall.. I like my phone.. it'll hold me over for a while
    07-29-09 01:58 PM
    I think the muffled sound is because there is a sweet spot with the mike. If you hold the phone right, there is no problem, but if you like to have phone mike down by your neck, you will sound muffled. No biggie for me.
    Actually...no. I'm personally more than aware of the mic's location and never go near it with my face or my hand. However, I notice that when signal varies (and this is quite often!), people complain of my voice sounding muffled and being inaudible. So...this is definitely a hardware issue and the Sprint rep at a store I went to recently said people return their Tour for this reason.

And in any case, why would the mic be placed somewhere that a person needs to rely on to either lean their chin against or use to hold the phone properly. Bad on RIM, really. We pay to have a working phone and should not have to develop special poses just to be heard by the caller...
    07-29-09 02:11 PM
    The new curve 8530 is almost a slap in the face to all of those who dished out money for a Tour, and complained about it not having wifi. A month later....Bam! another new blackberry equipped with wifi. If might not have the status of the Tour, but it will do everything the tour can do..
    07-29-09 02:23 PM
    I had a loose battery door, did the fix and all is well, no other issues besides that, the extra memory is nice...
    07-29-09 02:25 PM
    The new curve 8530 is almost a slap in the face to all of those who dished out money for a Tour, and complained about it not having wifi. A month later....Bam! another new blackberry equipped with wifi. If might not have the status of the Tour, but it will do everything the tour can do..
    From what I've read so far, the 85** series doesn't have GPS & I MUCH rather GPS than WiFi.
    07-29-09 03:50 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it public knowledge that a wifi BB would be out around this time, even before the Tour was released? I might be wrong, retrospect is 20/20.

Also, I don't think it's really a slap in the face. I mean, it's not going to have GPS, it has a smaller screen, and I'm personally not a fan of GSM networks.
    07-29-09 03:54 PM
    RIM Product Manager Discusses the BlackBerry Curve 8520 | CrackBerry.com

its like tour release was here and gone already, they made and mfg'd and released shoddy Tour and they don't care anymore. why didn't they have something like this with Tour if Tmobile's is supposedly "low end" BB so i could ask why tour was made so ****tily with weak signal strength, loose batt. cover, screen ripples, and focked up headphone jack and trackball.
    You still have time. Return the Tour and opt for a new BB. There is a new one set to hit stores almost every month from now til next spring! I'm sure the others will be just perfect.
    07-29-09 03:56 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD