To me, the green dot Tour has been great. Nothing is wrong with it! (Finally)
    10-21-09 09:19 PM
    is it possible to swap the touchball for a touchpad instead?
    No I highly doubt anyone will get a keyboard, trackpad, and trackpad sensor wired in a Tour, wait for the Essex.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:32 PM
    My first Tour was purchased on release date, and the trackball was horrific (horizontally) from day one. I had it replaced after about 2-3 weeks w/a green dot. It was wonderful for over two months until a few days ago the speaker would static loudly every time I pressed a number to make a call.

No sooner did I hang up the phone from tech support (after arranging for the replacement to be sent) than the trackball started to act up. I cleaned it w/alcohol and a q-tip, I tried the "press hard an roll it" trick, nothing helped. It was exactly like the first one, but after 2-1/2 months.

I received the replacement today and am currently in the process of reinstalling and reactivating everything (ugh). I was tempted to call ts back to at least report that a "green dot"-fixed Tour was now having the trackball issue.

Now I'm apprehensive about this one...
    10-21-09 09:43 PM
    I had the original tour with vile horizontal (had to be set to 90 in order to vaguely work). Finally got a replacement 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it's a green dot or not, but so far it and the trackball have been working flawlessly at the 70/70 setting. I just did the options/status/test and it's 1's all the way baby! I'm very happy with it - I hope it lasts!
    10-22-09 12:27 AM
    I had the original tour with vile horizontal (had to be set to 90 in order to vaguely work). Finally got a replacement 2 weeks ago. Not sure if it's a green dot or not, but so far it and the trackball have been working flawlessly at the 70/70 setting. I just did the options/status/test and it's 1's all the way baby! I'm very happy with it - I hope it lasts!

It's a month since the last post on this; forgive me if this is a "dead" issue for others. However, there was a post on 10/22 that reference using the "options/status/test." I would appreciate addition information on this as a solution to trackball issues. (I purchased my Tour on July 12; starting having problems about 3 weeks ago; have received to refurbs; the last w/the green dot. Not sure if the first one had it because I wasn't aware of it or it's significance). Bottom line, I'm extremely hesitant to change to a refurb.

Any any event, I'd appreciate whatever info can be shared about the "options/status/test."

Thanks in advance.
    11-02-09 12:37 PM
    minee is holding up to no trackball issues
    11-02-09 12:40 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD