I've been wielding the Tour since launch day and while I love the device very much my signal seems to just keep getting worse and worse. My service jumps from full bars to none while in the same spot and it seems like I am dropping (more) calls than I ever did.

I've owned all of the previous Blackberry's and none of them seemed to have this many RF issues (except for the Storm). I'm considering switching back to AT&T (my work gives me the option as long as I pay the ETF) and going back to my beloved Bold where I never had any service issues.

I'm not blaming the network but both Verizon and AT&T get great coverage where I live so that's not really an issue (except with the Tour).

So my question is, have any of you who got replacements with the green dots seen better RF performance? I wouldn't mind buying a new one if I it performed a little bit better. Thanks, D
    09-12-09 08:22 AM
    Nope, worse for me actually. My first 3 Tours where not Green Dot and even though they all had the hardware issues they worked great on the software side if things.
    This is my second Green Dot Tour and my 5th Tour all together.
    I'm having a lot of software issues. Lots of lag all over the place. Freezing to the point of doing battery pulls. GPS problems (won't stay locked for more than an hour at the most. Then I have to either do a battery pull or *228 options 1 and 2 to get it running again.
    Waiting for the first software update. If that doesn't fix the issues, I'll be going back to the Storm/Curve until the Storm2 or Essex comes out.
    I've talked with Customer Service on 611, tech service and in store reps and they all tell me that won't be a problem if I want to return it and wait for something else.
    Hopefully the notes have been made on my account and when the time comes I won't have any trouble returning the Tour and waiting for something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 09:03 AM
    Unfortunately, I am in the same boat. I've received two GD Tours a couple of weeks ago, and while both phones work perfectly in terms of mechanics and absence of most early release models, my signal strength instability is very prominent.

Some have stated that the .42 OS update have improved such problems for many, others have contradicted those praises with their upgrade experiences.

The data signal is all over the place on my phone in areas where my previous BBs have never had issues. I fall in and out of 3G and EVDO all the time, like you, standing in one place at times.

I love the phone...but as time progresses and my data signal is not stabilized, it is leaving a taste in my mouth that is more and more sour. Sad, because it really detracts my focus away from all the positive things that I am seeing with the Tour. I hope that .42 release does improve things, if not very near future OS releases. I'm going to wait for the official VZW MR next week and see what happens.

We'll see. Good luck with yours.
    09-12-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD