I purchased mine on release date. Its obviously been longer than 30 days...I can't get a "green dot" one?
    09-05-09 04:42 PM
    I purchased mine on release date. Its obviously been longer than 30 days...I can't get a "green dot" one?
    You can, it'll simply be a refurb with a green dot, as opposed to brand spankin' new.
    09-05-09 04:44 PM
    Since your device would be under MFG warr., I would call VZW tech support and see what can be done
    09-05-09 04:44 PM
    I tried this with Bell and no luck, only response i get is to send it in for repare and get a loaner in the meantime which i have to give a deposit for the loaner plus fees.( Bell sux btw )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 05:32 PM
    They'll mostlikely give you a hard time so if u have insurance pay the $50 for a new one or just replace the trackball yourself...
    09-05-09 05:37 PM
    FYI Green Dot's are NOT Refurbs. They have been checked to ensure the trackball issue has been resolved there was internal memo from RIM admitting the manufacturing issue (defect). My wife and I both received Brand New in the Box "Green Dot" tours. Replaced the phones and sent the old ones back in the new boxes. Check with VZW when I got mine last week they did not have ANY refurbs in stock.
    09-05-09 05:42 PM
    FYI Green Dot's are NOT Refurbs. They have been checked to ensure the trackball issue has been resolved there was internal memo from RIM admitting the manufacturing issue (defect). My wife and I both received Brand New in the Box "Green Dot" tours. Replaced the phones and sent the old ones back in the new boxes. Check with VZW when I got mine last week they did not have ANY refurbs in stock.
    Then please explain me why i received a refurbed Tour with a green dot on it Monday. It came in a brown box without a charger, accessories, etc. The packing slip said it was a CLNR, and in Options>About it says Yes under "Refurbished".

And OP - re jancy10's post, this is bad advice. Save the money for the insurance deductible and call VZW CS. I bought my Tour one week after you, the trackball started failing a week and a half ago, I called *611 and they sent me a replacement straight away.
    09-05-09 06:04 PM
    Well I stand corrected and feel lucky both of mine were Green Dots in a Box Just like when I bought them with all accessories just like new..........thanks for the clarification....friggin mods shoulda stickied when I posted if you need a replacement call now as of that call VZW was out of refurbs everyone was getting new ones......
    09-05-09 06:06 PM
    They'll mostlikely give you a hard time so if u have insurance pay the $50 for a new one or just replace the trackball yourself...
    Why on earth pay 50 bucks for something that has a year warranty?????? And no he won't get a a hard time call *611 option 3 straight to tech support......
    09-05-09 06:08 PM
    It's all good bro. Personally, I don't care if it's a new device or a CLNR, as long as it works properly (although having an extra charger sure would be nice - lol). I must say that my replacement has been flawless - trackball is back to being smooth like butter, aka normal.

09-05-09 06:13 PM
    I received 2 new Tours within 2 days as replacements. 3rd one is perfect

09-05-09 06:26 PM
    At a retail store, in So Cal anyway, you won't get a brand one in a box after 30 days. You will be referred to Wireless Data Technical Support (WDTS) who will send you a CLNR Tour.
    09-05-09 06:39 PM
    At a retail store, in So Cal anyway, you won't get a brand one in a box after 30 days. You will be referred to Wireless Data Technical Support (WDTS) who will send you a CLNR Tour.
    Yup, yup - that's actually VZW's return/exchange policy nationwide:

Inside 30 days = New device
    Outside 30 days = CLNR sent from wherever (mine came from Fort Worth)

Some store managers will make an exception, especially if you're only a couple of days outside your 30 but as a general rule nationwide, it's CLNR time if you're outside the 30.

09-05-09 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD