I got my new replacement tour in the mail as I had a very loose battery cover. The Verizon store said they could not transfer my pics to my new phone for me and I would have to do it on my computer. Well, my new phone came with instructions on tranfering apps or contacts using blackberry assistant but said nothing about photos. I don't understand why Verizon just couldn't do this for me...
    08-22-09 03:39 PM
    Hook it up to your computer and open it through Explorer. Then save the pics to your hard drive, and then connect the other one and transfer them to the new phone.
    08-22-09 03:40 PM
    If your photos are on the Micro SD and it's not encrypted, just swap cards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 05:28 PM
    Good idea mallinj!
    08-22-09 06:37 PM
    Bluetooth should work. Don't know much about the tour though.

08-22-09 06:42 PM
    If your photos are on the Micro SD and it's not encrypted, just swap cards.

I just have a regular stock Tour. I have no idea about any cards...
    08-24-09 08:51 PM
    I just have a regular stock Tour. I have no idea about any cards...
    Verizon puts a 2 gigabyte MicroSD (memory card) in every Tour. It's located near the battery and it's a tiny black card. If your pictures are on the MicroSD card, then you can just swap the MicroSD card with the blank one that comes with the new Tour.

I agree with posts above though.. if you have a PC, simply connect the data cable to the phone and the USB port on the computer. Your phone will ask if you want to enable "mass storage mode". Answer Yes. Then you can view every file on the phone, including the MicroSD card, in Windows Explorer. Just copy the files from the phone to the PC. Then when you get the new phone copy the files from the PC to the phone.
    08-24-09 09:09 PM
    DISCOVERED STRANGE ANOMALY:
    I access my SD card via MASS STORAGE. I import images via the CUT / PASTE method. I've frequently encountered instances whereby I would add an image into a file folder and it won't be visible in the MEDIA, but it is visible if I EXPLORE the folders. It seems that the device has a problem re-writing the [hidden] BB Thumbs file, which is the file responsible for establishing and viewing your thumbnails. I've found that if you connect your device to your PC and ensure that you can view hidden files, go into the folder that stores the images that you're unable to view and DELETE the BB Thumbs file. When you disconnect the device, it will automatically re-write the BB Thumbs file and restore your ability to view the thumbnail and its corresponding image.
    08-25-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD