I had a thread about it a while ago. I got a 16GB SanDisk card, and it wouldn't read in the phone, computer or dig. camera. I sent it back, and the company told me it was working fine for them. I had them send me a replacement. It just came today.

Is there a format process or is it just plug and play? Are there steps I am missing?
    11-13-09 01:11 PM
    All I ever do is go to options > Memory > scroll to media card > press blackberry button, go to format.

Other than that my experiences have been it's ready to go after that.
    11-13-09 01:25 PM
    When I insert the card, I get a confirmation "Media Card Inserted" message.

When I go to memory, at the bottom it says "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted."

When I click on Format, it asks for yes/no to format, thinks for a moment, and then says "Media card format failed".

When I remove it and plug it into the computer it freezes for about 30sec and then asks if I want to format it. When I select Yes, it freezes for another 30sec or so then tells me the card cannot be formatted.

What is the problem?

EDIT: I tried again, and this time the BB said "Format Successful", and reads 14.8GB available out of 16GB. I took a pic, but can't find any listing of the card or the card's picture folders.
    Last edited by Beltfedleadhead; 11-13-09 at 01:39 PM.
    11-13-09 01:36 PM
    Open the Media Player application. You should see a variety of icons. Scroll across each one and one should be pictures or photographs. Select it and see if you can find or see your new photo.

The other way, again open Media Player. Now press the BB/Menu button and scroll and select EXPLORE. Pick the card. You will see folder(s). Select BB and then select pictures.
    11-13-09 01:49 PM
    EDIT: I tried again, and this time the BB said "Format Successful", and reads 14.8GB available out of 16GB. I took a pic, but can't find any listing of the card or the card's picture folders.
    You need to specify that you want photos going to the card. There's a setting under camera options.
    11-13-09 02:01 PM
    Ok, that worked. I can see all the folders.

Is it a driver issue with the computer then? Is that why it won't read the card?
    11-13-09 02:01 PM
    Okay, I bought a new 8 GB MicroSD Class 6 for 20 bucks and uh, how do I import all my files on old 1 gig card into 8 GB? I just copy and paste it into 8 GB then put it in the BB?
    11-13-09 02:27 PM
    Okay, I bought a new 8 GB MicroSD Class 6 for 20 bucks and uh, how do I import all my files on old 1 gig card into 8 GB? I just copy and paste it into 8 GB then put it in the BB?
    Transfer the files from the 1gb card to your computer, then lod up the 8gb card and transfer the files from your computer to the 8gb card.
    11-13-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD