So, back in around June when the Tour popped up I felt that it would be my device. It was sleek, it had a great keyboard, BlackBerry OS was extremely friendly, the camera was very good and it had a trackball. I had the G1 prior to it and a touchscreen-less phone would also be great for me (G1 accuracy was never up to par in my book).

But, I waited it out until I could leave my contract without an ETF. When I could, Mr.Droid popped up. I forgot all about the Tour and so on my birthday received the Droid (from my parents). I was very happy with it, but then I remember about my original love...

I am now only 7 days away from ending my 30 day trial. I want to be sure I choose the phone to stay with for 2 years! The only thing is, my parents are very mad that I want to try the Tour after I got the Droid. I'm wondering if I should feel bad that I did such a thing or do you think I should go for it once again?
    12-13-09 06:17 PM
    Grrrrrrrr. The BlackBerry Tour is a Beast!
    12-13-09 06:29 PM
    If you're disappointed with your Droid, then by all means, the Tour may be what you really want. But only you know what you really want. And you can do it with honesty without having to seem ungrateful.

"This, above all, to thine own self be true."

Shakespeare

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 06:41 PM
    Tour is a great phone.. I'd get the Tour
    12-13-09 06:45 PM
    I went from a S1 to a Droid and really tried to like it. I missed my BB after the first day. It was cool but nothing but a toy IMO. I traded it in for a Tour and now I am very happy. I really think this is the best BB I had ever owned and not looking back. Sorry for cheating on you BB, it won't happen again.
    12-13-09 06:55 PM
    Your parents are mad that you want to try the Tour after they got you the Droid? I don't know why they would be mad. It won't cost them anything and besides, you are just trying to find what you really want and need. You need to determine what your main needs are and decide from there.
    12-13-09 07:16 PM
    I have had numerous phones,,,, came to RIM BB, first got a curve,, then upgraded to tour,,, i love bb... im planing on having my Tour for more then 2 years....if not as my primary then as my second. I think if u trade out the tour for the driod u'd be more then satisfied..all these wannabe iphones are jokes... RIM and BB have been and are stading STRONG VERY STRONG..... but then again opinions are like @$$es,,, u knoe the rest
    Last edited by E.2da.D; 12-13-09 at 11:43 PM. Reason: gammar
    12-13-09 11:41 PM
    Tour is great! But this could help us both?
    Last edited by Stiefler07; 12-14-09 at 12:31 AM.
    12-13-09 11:43 PM
    Heck I wouldn't be mad the tour is cheaper. However there is a restocking fee and once the Droid goes back that is it your stuck with whatever device you choose like it or not! Your allowed to do a 30 day return once.

12-14-09 01:57 AM
    Get the tour I love mine had a curve 4 6 months got the tour unbelivable phone
    12-14-09 05:19 AM
    I have had the Tour for a couple weeks and I absolutly love it. By far the best blackberry ever. I had the storm for a year and got so sick of it. That is the only blackberry I dislike. I messed around with the Droid, but I know I would regret letting my Tour go. Many people come back from the Droid. Blackberries are just the best, hands down. Good luck with your decision.
    12-14-09 05:45 AM
    It was cool but nothing but a toy IMO
    I agree, to me most new phones are a gadget more then a device. Sometimes i get annoyed with my Tour but overall it does everything and more. Plus the push technology is a must have for me.

The fact that you are even thinking about the Tour after having a brand new phone means you want the Tour IMO.
    12-14-09 12:13 PM
    I got to use both for extended period of time and the Tour is far more useful as a communication device. Unless browsing is a priority, get the Tour...its the best BB IMO. Nothing like a good 3rd party apps can solve the browser issues.

12-14-09 12:36 PM
    I had the HTC Eris for a little while. Like one of the above posters said, it felt more like a toy. The Tour is a much easier device to live with everyday and it does most everything the droid does anyway, although the internet is slower.

Hopefully next years bb internet experience will be more comparable to the droids.

12-14-09 02:08 PM
    I would return the droid for a full refund. Wait a few days and get the Tour, if you decide you like the Droid better, you can exchange it but you'll have to pay 35 bucks which i don't think is that much to try a phone for 30 days.
    12-14-09 02:14 PM
    I would return the droid for a full refund. Wait a few days and get the Tour, if you decide you like the Droid better, you can exchange it but you'll have to pay 35 bucks which i don't think is that much to try a phone for 30 days.
    If you do this, your contract will cancel and you will loose your phone number. You can't just return your Droid, keep your account open, then upgrade again and get another 30 day term. If you return the Droid without switching to a different device you're account will close, unless the Droid was purchased outright at full retail price, but from the sound of it you went thru the upgrade process, resigned for 2-years, and got the cheaper deal on the Droid.

You'll have to return the Droid, pay the restocking fee, get the Tour, and keep that for the contract term, unless you purchase a new phone outright. If they didn't do it this way, then people would be getting new phones every 28 days, keeping them, returning them, getting something different and returning that one under a new 30 day trial... doesn't work that way.

I have a Tour, I've played with a Droid a bunch, and I have no desire to switch. The browsing is way better on the Droid, but that's really about it...
    12-14-09 02:55 PM
    Don't get the wrong impression from the blackberry fanboys in this thread. Besides the keyboard, the droid is a superior device over the 9630 in just about every respect. As a blackberry user for the past several years I have become increasingly frustrated with the lack of development for the blackberry platform, both by RIM and by third-party developers. The android platform is really where this game is headed, and the droid is very close to being the best device on the market right now. Keep in mind though that the physical keyboard is crap compared to that of the blackberry, so it's ultimately your call.
    12-14-09 03:09 PM
    One of my coworkers has the Samsung Moment, and I've played with it a few times. Every time I do, I'm very thankful I have the Tour. Droid is fun, but tour is a business tool.
    12-14-09 03:39 PM
    This is purely speculation. You have no idea what RIM has up their sleeve right now. We already know a webkit browser, and flash apps are on the way. Couple this with official OS upgrades rolling out of the pipeline. Sure RIM is moving slowly, but I'd rather have a refined and polished product, over something else. The droid really does not do much more than. The BB is already capable of. It just looks different. That is all.

Don't get the wrong impression from the blackberry fanboys in this thread. Besides the keyboard, the droid is a superior device over the 9630 in just about every respect. As a blackberry user for the past several years I have become increasingly frustrated with the lack of development for the blackberry platform, both by RIM and by third-party developers. The android platform is really where this game is headed, and the droid is very close to being the best device on the market right now. Keep in mind though that the physical keyboard is crap compared to that of the blackberry, so it's ultimately your call.
    12-14-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD