people should hope this isn't released in May, cuz the OS is buggy.
    I would honestly take a buggy OS over the garbage I have been putting up with my current phone right now.

No offense to you Windows Mobile guys out there.
    05-03-09 02:36 AM
    from the perspective of us storm owners... I will tell you something flat out....

Before the storms launch and all the rumors and such were pooring in cx had the phone etc etc from very early on. People were saying things like JUST release it. I dont care I just want it. I can deal with the OS blah blah I just want the phone in my hand..

When verizon did in deed get it out the door with the crap OS... (I never had a problem with my phone) there was thousands and thousands of posts on here complaining about how verizon pushed it out and rim pusshed it out to fast. It wasn't done it needed more time. So my suggestion is PLEASE don't get to impatient. Rim really needs this to go smooth right now. The press was not fond on the Storm.

Rim itself needs good media right now so let them take there time make it right and give blackberry that solid name again.

The reason I say this is the initial Bold launch didn't go over so hot. I am not talking about the USA launch but there was a recall I believe in other countrys.

You will be a happy camper if they make it a good phone off the floor right away.
    05-03-09 02:45 AM
    from the perspective of us storm owners... I will tell you something flat out....

Before the storms launch and all the rumors and such were pooring in cx had the phone etc etc from very early on. People were saying things like JUST release it. I dont care I just want it. I can deal with the OS blah blah I just want the phone in my hand..

When verizon did in deed get it out the door with the crap OS... (I never had a problem with my phone) there was thousands and thousands of posts on here complaining about how verizon pushed it out and rim pusshed it out to fast. It wasn't done it needed more time. So my suggestion is PLEASE don't get to impatient. Rim really needs this to go smooth right now. The press was not fond on the Storm.

Rim itself needs good media right now so let them take there time make it right and give blackberry that solid name again.

The reason I say this is the initial Bold launch didn't go over so hot. I am not talking about the USA launch but there was a recall I believe in other countrys.

You will be a happy camper if they make it a good phone off the floor right away.

while I do agree with you, I think the factors that delay a device are far more technical than just making sure the device runs smoothly. I'm sure lots of delays have to do with current inventory of older models, the competition's device releases, best selling time of the year, future roadmaps, etc. So unfortunately, delays aren't always to the benefit of the consumer
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-03-09 at 07:59 AM.
    05-03-09 07:56 AM
    As far as I'm concerned this isn't even legit enough to be a rumor. Nobody big (The regular Boy Genius Report, Engadget, Crackberry) are running with this rumor. Usually if there is truth to something all the sites pick it up. And when the only sites that run it are ones that posted a week ago it was confirmed to be released in July, you know it is pure speculation.

Don't get your hopes up guys. I really hope it gets announced at WES so we know, but I have no expectations for a release date.
    05-03-09 08:47 AM

There is a difference here though. The Storm was something completely new while the Tour (first time I call it taht) is what RIM is used to.
    05-03-09 02:30 PM
    So the bold wasn't something they were used to?
    There is a difference here though. The Storm was something completely new while the Tour (first time I call it taht) is what RIM is used to.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 03:28 PM
    So the bold wasn't something they were used to?

The Bold was actually something new for them to but not completely new. The Bold was their first 3G device and that's were the delays came from for AT&T. They included Wi-fi, GPS, and 3G so it did cause them some problems. The Tour's only real big difference is that it's CDMA and on EV-DO Rev. A but the Storm already runs on that so everything on the Tour has been done in at least one other device.
    05-03-09 03:36 PM
    The Bold was actually something new for them to but not completely new. The Bold was their first 3G device and that's were the delays came from for AT&T. They included Wi-fi, GPS, and 3G so it did cause them some problems. The Tour's only real big difference is that it's CDMA and on EV-DO Rev. A but the Storm already runs on that so everything on the Tour has been done in at least one other device.
    Actually the Bold was not RIMs first 3g device. The Curve 8330 and 8830 WE are both 3g devices that came out before the Bold. However I think the Bold might have been RIMs first 3g GSM device.
    05-03-09 03:50 PM
    Actually the Bold was not RIMs first 3g device. The Curve 8330 and 8830 WE are both 3g devices that came out before the Bold. However I think the Bold might have been RIMs first 3g GSM device.
    Sorry, you're right it wasn't the first 3G and yes it was the first 3G GSM.
    05-03-09 03:54 PM
    Either way it was still a first. Technically there is no such thing as 3g. They just add the label to technologies that have speeds congruent to that "generation." So 3g for GSM is completely different than 3g for CDMA. Only similarity is the speed, so I would say that the Bold was a first since it did not share any technology (radio wise) with the others.
    05-03-09 04:02 PM
    Negative. The 8707g was the first UMTS(3G) BlackBerry.
    05-03-09 04:28 PM
    Negative. The 8707g was the first UMTS(3G) BlackBerry.
    And the 7250 from VZ with the last known OS release enabled EVDO on this device, making it the first 3G BlackBerry on CDMA
    05-03-09 05:23 PM
    My point is that every new device is something new in some way simply don't want them to rush it and have another rough launch

05-03-09 06:45 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD