Email accounts: gmail & bellsouth

Problem: getting double emails on BB only for bellsouth account

PC Settings:
    I have gmail set to IMAP enabled & POP disabled.

I have my gmail account on PC to check my mail for bellsouth account, that way all email for both accounts can be check on my PC in one place. However, it checks it as POP mail only (not IMAP).

BB Settings:
    I have both gmail & bellsouth accounts set up on my BB which enables me to send an email from either account.

Problem description:
    If someone sends an email to my bellsouth account I will get it on my BB first and it will be directly from the bellsouth server. About 10-15 minutes later I will get the same email again on my BB but through the gmail server. So once gamil checks my bellsouth email (which I have it configured to do) my BB then downloads it again.

Partial fixes:
    I know I can do one of two things: 1) delete the bellsouth account on my BB, but then I won't be able to send an email from my bellsouth account; or 2) don't have gmail check my bellsouth account, but then I won't get my bellsouth email on my PC.

I guess I am hoping that someone has a solution for this.

On a side note, this didn't start happening until bellsouth, which is AT&T, recently switched to Yahoo for their webmail manager. Not sure what changes they made, but something they did created this problem. My workmate with the same phone, same two email accounts, & same settings, started getting double emails the exact same time I did. And we never received double emails for the several months prior using the same settings.

Any suggestions???
    01-29-10 10:47 AM
    resolution stop having gmail check your bellsouth email and go through out look on your computer and have bellsouth set up so you can still recieve it on your computer. easy fix with no chance of error. and for any reason you find error please respond back
    01-29-10 10:51 AM
    resolution stop having gmail check your bellsouth email and go through out look on your computer and have bellsouth set up so you can still recieve it on your computer. easy fix with no chance of error. and for any reason you find error please respond back
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I LOVE the google sync app which keeps all my contacts & calendar appointments wireless sync'd. When I add them to my phone, it's added on my PC & vise versa.

Is there an application that will do that with Outlook?

Plus the fact that I can log onto any computer anywhere & have access to everything.

I guess I am trying to make this work with gmail since it work flawlessly for months, and now all of a sudden it doesn't. What changed???
    01-29-10 11:00 AM
    Log into your carrier's BIS account (google for "Verizon BIS" if you don't know it by heart). Next, find your gmail account settings there, and click on "Filters." Create a new filter such that if the "To" field contains your Bellsouth account, "Do Not Forward to Device."

That way, when gmail downloads the e-mail, it won't be sent to your blackberry.

If your gmail is getting all of your e-mail, though, why do you need to check Bellsouth's e-mail on your blackberry? Why not delete your Bellsouth e-mail account from your blackberry, and only check your gmail account since it is pulling the e-mail anyway?
    01-29-10 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I LOVE the google sync app which keeps all my contacts & calendar appointments wireless sync'd. When I add them to my phone, it's added on my PC & vise versa.

Is there an application that will do that with Outlook?
    You can use the PC version of Google Sync, but it sucks. It'll keep nagging you to confirm if you want to delete calendar entries that have been detected as deleted on one location or the other.

Contacts and calendar appointments are not e-mail. You can still use gmail as a backup for contact and calendar syncs, while at the same time not checking it for e-mail. Personally, everything gets routed through gmail so that I can keep a backup of everything, but I have filters so that they don't send it to my blackberry. For example, if I send an e-mail out from my blackberry.net account, a copy is sent to my gmail account. However, that copy won't be sent back to my blackberry, even though my blackberry is set to download gmail mail.
    01-29-10 11:06 AM
    If your gmail is getting all of your e-mail, though, why do you need to check Bellsouth's e-mail on your blackberry? Why not delete your Bellsouth e-mail account from your blackberry, and only check your gmail account since it is pulling the e-mail anyway?
    See above. Bellsouth is business address & gmail is personal address. Times when I want to send a bellsouth email from my BB. Wouldn't I have to have that account setup on my BB to do so?

I'm not familiar with the BIS settings, but I will look into it now.

Thanks
    01-29-10 11:13 AM
    Log into your carrier's BIS account (google for "Verizon BIS" if you don't know it by heart). Next, find your gmail account settings there, and click on "Filters." Create a new filter such that if the "To" field contains your Bellsouth account, "Do Not Forward to Device."

That way, when gmail downloads the e-mail, it won't be sent to your blackberry.
    Ok, I tried this. I added the filter to my gmail account.

However, this prevented any bellsouth emails being sent to my BB. Even my bellsouth account didn't download the emails.

As soon as I remove the filter I start getting the bellsouth emails again on my BB. And only get one copy.

But a couple of hours later I start getting double bellsouth emails again.

Looks like I just might have to live with it if I want to keep using gmail for everything.
    01-30-10 10:13 AM
    Your doing the filters wrong then, go back and re-do it. Mess with the filters some. It will accomplish exactly what your trying to do.

When you set your filter up on the BIS site, click the "Help" tab, and click on "send service books" it should work.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 01-30-10 at 11:24 AM.
    01-30-10 10:44 AM
    01-30-10 10:54 AM
    Your doing the filters wrong then, go back and re-do it. Mess with the filters some. It will accomplish exactly what your trying to do.

When you set your filter up on the BIS site, click the "Help" tab, and click on "send service books" it should work.
    I'll try it again, thanks.
    01-30-10 01:08 PM
    Thanks, but I'm not receiving a copy of my sent items. I'm receiving double emails sent to me.

But I'll read over it anyway to see if there is something that might help.
    01-30-10 01:10 PM
    This seems to have done the trick... I hope. I was setting up the filter correctly, but I didn't 'Send Service Books', which I guess is why I stopped getting any emails. After sending service books I started getting single copies of bellsouth emails.

Thanks alot for everyone's help and patience!

Dale
    01-30-10 01:45 PM
    Awesome!

Sending service books will fix many issues with email and internet. You are also able to go into Setup> Email Settings, there you can do much of the same things as you can on the BIS site. I just think it's easier from the site.
    01-30-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD