i figured it was wrong...

I do sometimes have messages deleted in webmail, get deleted from BB
    Hey guys, "ehalperin" is not crazy. From Day 1 of having my Storm (and now Tour), deleting a Gmail from the web interface would eventually (an hour or two later) delete it from my BB inbox. However, when I installed the new Gmail plug-in last week that stopped happening, and what sucks is that even though I've removed that (in my opinion useless) plug-in, it's STILL no longer happening, which puts me back to the one-way sync that most of you seem to have already had.
    08-26-09 08:47 AM
    Hey guys, "ehalperin" is not crazy. From Day 1 of having my Storm (and now Tour), deleting a Gmail from the web interface would eventually (an hour or two later) delete it from my BB inbox. However, when I installed the new Gmail plug-in last week that stopped happening, and what sucks is that even though I've removed that (in my opinion useless) plug-in, it's STILL no longer happening, which puts me back to the one-way sync that most of you seem to have already had.

I appreciate the validation

I may also delete the plugin. I dont really need to mark/label my messages from my bb. i will read them and later, on my pc, do that. Or i can use the gmail app. I posted, i think in this thread, how to set it up so your deleted message from the BB will just "archive" on the webmail
    08-26-09 09:41 AM
    +1 for logthought and ehalperin experience. In my case, I'd delete from Outlook, it would IMAP sync to google mail server (e.g. webmail) and after a few hours, disappear from the BB. However, that didn't happen anymore after I got my Tour last week and installed the enhanced GMail app.

Now, I just try to make a point of deleting from the BB knowing it will cause the webmail and Outlook versions to delete as well. Or, just delete it from both the BB and Outlook clients.

I'm hoping this version of the plug-in is just a stop-gap measure and we'll see true IMAP support in the BB client in the future. If you've ever used BES or other smartphone OSs, you know how nice that is. Without it, the BB claim of being "killer for email" just doesn't ring true for those of us who've experienced something better and depend on folder support.
    09-08-09 12:33 AM
    And FWIW, I'm beginning to appreciate the plug-in the more that I use it. It supposedly supports remote search for all the old mail I have on gmail and allows me to add labels and archive to effectively move/hide email. Takes more steps at the moment, but it works more or less like folders.
    09-08-09 12:47 AM
    +1 for logthought and ehalperin experience. In my case, I'd delete from Outlook, it would IMAP sync to google mail server (e.g. webmail) and after a few hours, disappear from the BB. However, that didn't happen anymore after I got my Tour last week and installed the enhanced GMail app.

Now, I just try to make a point of deleting from the BB knowing it will cause the webmail and Outlook versions to delete as well. Or, just delete it from both the BB and Outlook clients.

I'm hoping this version of the plug-in is just a stop-gap measure and we'll see true IMAP support in the BB client in the future. If you've ever used BES or other smartphone OSs, you know how nice that is. Without it, the BB claim of being "killer for email" just doesn't ring true for those of us who've experienced something better and depend on folder support.
    I agree we need true two-way sync, but I still feel that email on BIS is killer. In the several weeks I've had my tour, I've already been asked a few times to stop replying to emails so quickly. In my jobs, the one who delegates wins, and guess who delegates the quickest? The guy with the BB
    09-08-09 10:25 AM
    True enough and I agree speed of reply is definitely valuable

However, things change over time and every vendor needs to compete to bring out the best product at each release. With other OSs supporting IMAP (and thus instant email), BB isn't the only one with push/instant email anymore for BIS-type mail.

I'm not an expert, but suspect their BES service is still the best. From what I hear, MS ActiveSync is making inroads, so like I said, it's all about competing to gain or maintain a lead.
    09-08-09 10:51 AM
106 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD