Hello --

I have ordered a Tour for my wife as a surprise. The phone arrived today, so I am looking forward to giving it to her tonight.

She uses GMail for e-mail. I know that GMail will push to the Tour, however I am wondering if there is anyway that the Tour will grab her contacts from her GMail account, or it if would be a completely manual process of getting her contacts into the Tour.

Thanks for any insight!
    07-15-09 11:48 AM
    Hello --

I have ordered a Tour for my wife as a surprise. The phone arrived today, so I am looking forward to giving it to her tonight.

She uses GMail for e-mail. I know that GMail will push to the Tour, however I am wondering if there is anyway that the Tour will grab her contacts from her GMail account, or it if would be a completely manual process of getting her contacts into the Tour.

Thanks for any insight!
    You can use Google Sync for this. Go to m.google.com from the phones browser and download.
    07-15-09 11:50 AM
    My impression was that Gmail Sync would do contacts, calendar and mail.
    07-15-09 11:51 AM
    gsync doesn't do mail. Just calendar and contacts.
    07-15-09 11:52 AM
    it does tasks now too
    I used Google Sync when I got my new blackberry. Ididn't even backup my old pearl. I just installed Google Sync and blam all my contacts and appointments were there.
    it does tasks now too
    since when? Mine doesn't and I just installed it.I also looked at Google web page no note of it syncing tasks.
    07-15-09 11:53 AM
    I used Google Sync when I got my new blackberry. Ididn't even backup my old pearl. I just installed Google Sync and blam all my contacts and appointments were there.
    Same here.
    07-15-09 11:54 AM
    What about for AOL contacts?
    07-15-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD