I recently installed 5.0 on my tour and i have 2 gmail accounts. One of the gmail accounts, the emails only come in every 30-40 min in a batch; the other account seems to be working fine. Any ideas what could cause this problem. I pulled the battery a few times but still nothing.

Id appreciate some help with this issue.

thank you
    03-01-10 08:40 PM
    Hmm. I have two seperate gmail accounts coming in on .484 and don't have this issue. I don't have the gmail enhancer plugin installed though. Hate that thing.
    03-01-10 08:54 PM
    can i uninstall the gmail enhancement plugin?
    Last edited by corrado7; 03-01-10 at 09:07 PM.
    03-01-10 08:56 PM
    can i uninstall the gmail enhancement plugin?
    Yep! [How to Delete Enhanced Gmail Plugin]

As you will read there, a great number of people are disappointed with the enhanced plugin... It really only allows you to view your gmail inbox differently and add stars and filters, but is more of a hassle than anything. The plugin tries to keep a constant connection and drains your battery and has caused many other problems for users here.

There are multiple different ways listed in the thread to do away with the plugin if you do decide to delete it. For some, you can simply delete the application in Desktop Manager. For others its a bit more complicated, but its all explained there in that thread. Good luck and hope this helps!
    Last edited by d5115r; 03-02-10 at 12:51 AM.
    03-02-10 12:44 AM
    Update:

I visited a sprint store and all they said is that its a 5.0 problem and they cant solve it, nor can they remove the gmail enhancer plug-in. I will just have to deal with it. Emails come in every 30-40 min in batches.
    03-02-10 12:14 PM
    i actually like the plug in for what i use it for. i have a group of friends and we have an email chain that we keep going all day long everyday we start a new one. everyone just hits reply all. if i weren't using the plugin i would get a damn noti every time someone replied....i don't want that, i want it just like on the real gmail..so when 20 replies come in for that one subject its all listed as one email and i can read it versus getting 20 notifications and reading each one individually.
    03-02-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD