I recently replaced my bezel and had to switch over the bottom cover. What kind of glue should I use to put the bottom cover back on. I've tried double sided tape, but it didn't work that great.

Any help is appreciated.
    11-21-09 06:57 AM
    It clicks in with tabs iirc.
    11-21-09 08:37 AM
    I don't think you want glue unless something like rubber cement. Glue would mean it could never be disassembled again - not a good idea. There are heavier duty double-sided tapes which might work.
    11-21-09 09:37 AM
    It clicks in with tabs iirc.
    Yes, I know. Center of the cover doesn't click though. And since the center doesn't click, light shows through underneath.

Just a perfectionist. Trying to get it back to the way it originally was.
    11-21-09 06:26 PM
    I don't think you want glue unless something like rubber cement. Glue would mean it could never be disassembled again - not a good idea. There are heavier duty double-sided tapes which might work.
    I'll search for stronger double-sided tape then.

Thanks for the help.
    11-21-09 06:27 PM
    Yes, I know. Center of the cover doesn't click though. And since the center doesn't click, light shows through underneath.

Just a perfectionist. Trying to get it back to the way it originally was.
    Did u break it?
    11-21-09 06:36 PM
    Did u break it?
    No. Just when I took it off the glue or whatever that was originally on it wasn't sticky anymore. That glue, etc. held it down tightly. I was looking for something that would do the same thing.
    11-21-09 07:19 PM
    They must use some kind of rubber cement, it's just a stronger bond. IMO double sided tape is too thick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD