After playing around with my gf's new Tour, it's clear my trackball is just plain jakked up and requires far too much patience to move horizontally. I've tried the break in proceedures posted here to no avail, and have decided to just get a replacement.

I called Sprint and described my issue. They told me I needed to go to my local repair center where they will determine whether I get a new phone or not. I was anticipating that they'd just drop a new one in the mail and I'd ship the old one back other than having to drive 20 miles to their store.

Has this been your experience when seeking a replacement? Or did I get the Proceedural CSR this morning?

I suspect that yet again with Sprint, the great customer care comes only to those who raise a cloud of dust first.

Thanks in advance!
    07-31-09 12:10 PM
    I believe Sprint has a 30 day guarantee on their phones. Call them and say you are still within your 30 days and want to send the phone back. They'll ship you a new one.
    07-31-09 12:12 PM
    Use Verizon!!!!
    07-31-09 12:57 PM
    Use Verizon!!!!
    Yep use them and go to stores that just send you home with a still broken phone lol. Blah stupid cell company wars..

To the OP you probably got a rep that actually followed company procedure.Call back and see what they say..
    07-31-09 01:03 PM
    Yep use them and go to stores that just send you home with a still broken phone lol. Blah stupid cell company wars..

To the OP you probably got a rep that actually followed company procedure.Call back and see what they say..
    hahaha truth...i've noticed that sometimes if you don't hear what you want from one CRS, call back and see what happens if you get another

or if you just need a trackball and you aren't afraid to take ur phone apart and replace it, PM me ur info and i'll mail you one of my extra Curve trackballs...i have a box full
    07-31-09 01:05 PM
    or if you just need a trackball and you aren't afraid to take ur phone apart and replace it, PM me ur info and i'll mail you one of my extra Curve trackballs...i have a box full

wildly kind offer Tehman, but I'm terrified if I even thought about cracking the phone open the plastic tabs would break Thank you though!
    Last edited by Californian; 07-31-09 at 01:30 PM.
    07-31-09 01:20 PM
    no problem. If you change your mind just get in touch with me
    07-31-09 01:21 PM
    Just call sprint again LOL or go to a store?
    07-31-09 01:25 PM
    T-Dawg might step up to the plate and just give you his...he's an extremely generous guy haha
    07-31-09 01:28 PM
    I had the same issue and I brought it in to one of the repair stores. The guy took one look at how the trackball was lagging horizontally and they gave me a new Tour and everything that comes with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-31-09 01:34 PM
    I had the same issue and I brought it in to one of the repair stores. The guy took one look at how the trackball was lagging horizontally and they gave me a new Tour and everything that comes with it.

Thanks LB. That sounds like great service to me.

I called my local store and he said they have trackballs in stock...which says to me they'll crack mine open, and stick in a new one and hope for the best...which sounds hinky to me with a brand new phone.
    I suppose I should call Sprint back and throw on the way-too-loose battery door, and screen ripple to my issue list..and ..you know...whine a bit
    07-31-09 02:38 PM
    Dude you can just say I WANT A NEW PHONE.. I'm pretty sure sprint does that. If I need a new phone then I have to order it cause of my plan
    07-31-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the friendly kick in the **** Tdub...I'm on the phone trying that tactic right now...
    07-31-09 02:46 PM
    best of luck!
    07-31-09 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the friendly kick in the **** Tdub...I'm on the phone trying that tactic right now...
    No problem lol. I just seem alot of people coming on here asking people that don't work at the company what to do.. You don't want to be rude because that won't get you anywhere
    07-31-09 02:55 PM
    but some times you have to be
    07-31-09 02:56 PM
    That worked perfectly. I used my best Napoleon Dynamite voice a'la "I don't feel very good" and just said Hi! I'd like my phone replaced! And 34 short minutes later they're shipping me a new one.

Yet another lesson learned
    07-31-09 03:28 PM
    haha good deal!
    07-31-09 03:35 PM
    well i called them today and they told me that they would have to charge my cc again for the new phone that will be sent to me and then they would credit it back when they receive the swap fone..so i decided not to that and go to a local store that is five blocks away frm me
    07-31-09 03:44 PM
    I broke my trackball this morning. It sucks. I just got a text, can't read it! D:
    08-21-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD