Hi, I just purchased an 8gb MicroSDHC card and thought they were the same until I realized that this is a MicroSCHC card, and for some reason my job PC can not recognize it. But the good thing is that my phone recognizes the card.

Does anyone know of a workaround to getting my job to recognize the SDHC card? or do I have to wait until I get home and try it on my Home PC - hoping that the home PC recognizes the card? It is a newer computer, so hopefully it recognizes the card.
    11-05-09 11:45 AM
    I believe normal SD card readers are not able to handle SDHC so your best bet would be to get a SDHC card reader as they can handle both SDHC and SD cards...
    11-05-09 11:48 AM
    Why not simply turn on mass storage mode on your phone and connect your phone with usb. Works exactly like a card reader in mass storage mode?
    11-05-09 12:39 PM
    Are you using a card reader on that PC? If so the card reader is at fault for not support SDHC (must be an old reader...).

You can either use it in MSM like w1z4d suggested, or get converters to use it as a USB drive. It might take two converters though. microsd > sd, then sd > usb. It's not really a waste of money though, since you can use the converters on other sticks as well.
    11-05-09 12:44 PM
    I didn't know where the problem was. I am having a problem w/my job PC. For some reason, it is not recognizing my phone when I plug in the USB cable. I'm using the BB cord I received w/the phone. On the "My Computer" screen it recognizes the Removable drive, but when I click on the drive, it says "Please insert disc into drive F." I have 2 different USB plugs & neither of them work. This is why I was using a SD card reader.

I will look into purchasing a newer card reader - I read my card reader and it states - SD-miniSD-microSD/TransFlash MMC Plus Mobile RS-MMC-DV

I just checked online @ BestBuy and there is a card reader that describes all of the types of cards the reader reads. My question is - Does the HC stand for High Capacity? The reader on Bestbuy.com states that it reads high Capicity cards.

EDIT -- I read further in the description and it does in fact support MicroSCHC cards. I'm going to pick it up tonite.

Thanks for all of your help.
    11-05-09 01:09 PM
    Check your MSM settings on the phone, Options > Memory > mass Storage Mode Support.

If it's enabled, then you might need the BB drivers installed on the PC, which I believe come with the desktop manager (maybe you can download them individually though, never bothered to check).

Odds are you can probably get MSM working without buying a reader, but readers are nice to have sometimes. Yeah HC = high capacity.
    11-05-09 01:12 PM
    I believe normal SD card readers are not able to handle SDHC so your best bet would be to get a SDHC card reader as they can handle both SDHC and SD cards...
    this man is correct.. the new SD cards will not work with the older readers... You have to up grade the reader to work with the card... The readers will list what cards they will work with
    11-05-09 01:13 PM
    Check your MSM settings on the phone, Options > Memory > mass Storage Mode Support.

If it's enabled, then you might need the BB drivers installed on the PC, which I believe come with the desktop manager (maybe you can download them individually though, never bothered to check).

Odds are you can probably get MSM working without buying a reader, but readers are nice to have sometimes. Yeah HC = high capacity.
    I'm not THAT tech saavy to be able to download drivers I will just stop by BestBuy on the way home n pick up a reader for $20-$25 n us it for another 3 years.

Thanks again for your help. I thought I would have to return it.
    11-05-09 01:25 PM
    For the most part it just means download the BB Desktop Manager and install it.

You don't need to use it (don't set it to auto run all the time during the install), just install it because it comes with the drivers.
    11-05-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD