well, its even happening as of now.... people trolling already on here...storm owners trying to defend the storm and don't want to buy the tour....people will be making false information up abotu the tour to make it sound worse then the storm, ect....

I really enjoyed visiting this fourm for the last 3-4 months, but its going to turn into the storm fourm and thats a shame becuase I really really liked the people in this fourm and how we all got a long until this maham happens tomorrow.
    07-11-09 10:18 PM
    LOL , yeah i feeel yeah man it will be a zoo for a while as always but it will boil down to the select few that are loyal lol
    07-11-09 10:21 PM
    yeah guys, its happening, ive been lurking for a great while in this forum and its gonna fall into the hole tomorrow...
    07-11-09 10:24 PM
    well my gratitude runs deep for all the help,advice and fun this forum has been for me.

thank you all!
    07-11-09 10:25 PM
    yeah guys, its happening, ive been lurking for a great while in this forum and its gonna fall into the hole tomorrow...
    Because you will see the younger generation getting this phone, as well as immature storm owners that are coming over.

(I'm not saying all kids are immature, nor storm owners but we do see a pattern on CB, so don't get **** hurt)

The bold forums, curve etc. don't go through this garbage
    07-11-09 10:26 PM
    You should've been here last fall before the Storm came out!
    07-11-09 10:26 PM
    We are all Blackberry owners when it comes down to it... the Storm is a better phone than you and a lot of people are giving it... plus some people won't be able to upgrade to the Tour simply because they may not have $500 to drop on a phone that will only be top dog for a few months.

Will the Tour be a great phone? Yes, the reviews are hard to dispute. Will the Tour be the best CDMA Blackberry? For the time being, of course, it's the top dog on Verizon anyways.

Is it the best phone to ever be made on earth for now and eternity? No... so just calm down... you guys may be the same one trying to defend the Tour when it's trumped by the next great one. :]
    07-11-09 10:27 PM
    Well, look at it this way...those unhappy with the Storm will now have a non-Curve alternative. So I certainly will feel less sympathy for them if they continue to be displeased with their handset. I hope you are wrong about your prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised unfortunately.

I for one will be happy to point Storm-carrying Tour critics toward the door.
    07-11-09 10:28 PM
    [QUOTE=.MgB.;3014491]the Storm is a better phone than you and a lot of people are giving it... QUOTE]

I politely disagree Sir, Atari has better technology!
    07-11-09 10:28 PM
    Oh well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It was fun while it lasted!
    07-11-09 10:29 PM
    [QUOTE=TheSultan;3014507]
    the Storm is a better phone than you and a lot of people are giving it... QUOTE]

lol.. it wasn't that bad...
    07-11-09 10:29 PM
    [QUOTE=TheSultan;3014507]
    the Storm is a better phone than you and a lot of people are giving it... QUOTE]

And that is fine, and I assume at one point you had a Storm and went back to the Curve, unless your Curve has a Storm emulator and then you are just amazing.

But, the Storm is at least far superior to the 8330 in it's current OS, and you can argue all you want but I have had both and am pretty firm in my opinion there... but of course it is merely an opinion and all of us obviously has one of those.
    07-11-09 10:31 PM
    We are all Blackberry owners when it comes down to it... the Storm is a better phone than you and a lot of people are giving it... plus some people won't be able to upgrade to the Tour simply because they may not have $500 to drop on a phone that will only be top dog for a few months.

Will the Tour be a great phone? Yes, the reviews are hard to dispute. Will the Tour be the best CDMA Blackberry? For the time being, of course, it's the top dog on Verizon anyways.

Is it the best phone to ever be made on earth for now and eternity? No... so just calm down... you guys may be the same one trying to defend the Tour when it's trumped by the next great one. :]
    LOL. The Storm is not bad at all. What the OP is saying is that there have already been some posts saying how bad the Tour is and how much better the Storm is. This will definitely increase in a few hours and some will even claim to have bought the Tour, found it to be horrible, and returned it right away. While this may be true in some cases, many will be made up.
    07-11-09 10:33 PM
    well, its even happening as of now.... people trolling already on here...storm owners trying to defend the storm and don't want to buy the tour....people will be making false information up abotu the tour to make it sound worse then the storm, ect....

I really enjoyed visiting this fourm for the last 3-4 months, but its going to turn into the storm fourm and thats a shame becuase I really really liked the people in this fourm and how we all got a long until this maham happens tomorrow.
    Just a question, how did you go about getting your tour? Im thinking of getting one with out dropping $500+ unless thats what you did
    I had the Storm and went back to the Curve. I don't see how it was superior, much less "far". When I answered a call I had to wait like 2-3 seconds for the call to kick in. And that was the least of the problems.
    Just a question, how did you go about getting your tour? Im thinking of getting one with out dropping $500+ unless thats what you did
    long story short.. i went through 11 storms. yeah i know thats a crazy amount, but verizon is letting me get into the Tour for free since all my hassal with the storms
    07-11-09 10:35 PM
    long story short.. i went through 11 storms. yeah i know thats a crazy amount, but verizon is letting me get into the Tour for free since all my hassal with the storms
    11? "dood" you'll have the same luck with the Tour then, I can almost guarantee it. Thats kinda ridiculous
    07-11-09 10:36 PM
    I had the Storm and went back to the Curve. I don't see how it was superior, much less "far". When I answered a call I had to wait like 2-3 seconds for the call to kick in. And that was the least of the problems.
    What was the last OS you used? I am not being a **** I am sincerely curious. The official .148 and the recently leaked .151 are really, really great and stable and have really made me consider sticking it out with the Storm until next May when I can use my NE2 discount.
    07-11-09 10:37 PM
    11!??!? Good god man, after 3 I would've thrown in the towel.
    07-11-09 10:38 PM
    11? "dood" you'll have the same luck with the Tour then, I can almost guarantee it. Thats kinda ridiculous
    lol noo the screen on the storm cant take my abuse i put them though at work. I always had screen problems due to dirt and dust getting inside the screen and the screen not responding... i work in construction so and the storm screen didn't like that to much. wont have that problem with the tour
    07-11-09 10:38 PM
    What was the last OS you used? I am not being a **** I am sincerely curious. The official .148 and the recently leaked .151 are really, really great and stable and have really made me consider sticking it out with the Storm until next May when I can use my NE2 discount.
    No idea what the OS was. But, my personal opinion is, if I have to load a new OS to fix known problems, why would I get it in the first place. ESPECIALLY if the known problems weren't fixed until someone here made up their own hybrid OS.
    07-11-09 10:39 PM
    I feel sorry about 11 storms but you lucky son of a, I want a tour sooo bad
    07-11-09 10:42 PM
    first we'll see the "OMG this thing pwns" shortly after we'll see "OMG This thing sucks, im getting an iphone" with that the two will argue with each other for another period of time, but eventually we'll have it all to ourselves and hopefully share some sweet tweaks and tips and troubleshooting.

I too have enjoyed the ride imensely
    No idea what the OS was. But, my personal opinion is, if I have to load a new OS to fix known problems, why would I get it in the first place. ESPECIALLY if the known problems weren't fixed until someone here made up their own hybrid OS.
    So the 8330 was perfect when it came out? From the reports I heard it wasn't... and nearly every other Blackberry needed at least one update to get out fairly significant glitches including the Bold. Plus the Storm was RIM's biggest leap in technology possibly ever by trying to bring a contemporary technology like a touch screen into a proven system. Again... just saying that very few devices or any examples of technology are perfect when they are released...

...except Apple products of course!!! *ducks*
    Because you will see the younger generation getting this phone, as well as immature storm owners that are coming over.

(I'm not saying all kids are immature, nor storm owners but we do see a pattern on CB, so don't get **** hurt)

The bold forums, curve etc. don't go through this garbage
    the bold and the curve forums are amazing...they are well organized and not loaded with junk questions and statements..Also the bold thread has theme/wallapaper thread set as a sticky...I hope the tour section does the same...We are going to need a good thread so everyone can discuss their themes and the wallpapers they are using..
    07-11-09 10:44 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD