Excuse me if this is a naive question ... but my DH and I are thinking of jumping into the world of bbs. I have searched the forums and FAQ here, but have not been able to find the answer to a few questions ...

Should we get Curves now? Would cost us $50 each for the device w/the special Verizon is running now (bot elligible for upgrades). Or should we hold out for the Tour. Will it be that much better? What will be the main differences? About how much do you think it will cost?

Are there any extra costs above the $30 data plan that we might expect? I know we will need to keep our current text package.

Do you need to pay for all apps, or are some free.

TIA to anyone who would be willing to advise.

K-
    06-13-09 01:52 PM
    We are roughly one month away from launch. Most of us have been waiting for over one year for this phone, so I think 30 more days isn't that bad.

As far as the Curve vs Tour, it's hardly a comparison. Faster processor, more memory, better display, better keyboard, better OS, better camera, better EVERYTHING. Cost should be around $200-250 (2 year contract) including any online discount or mail-in-rebate. $30/month per line is the only additional fee that you will encounter for having a BlackBerry. That includes unlimited (5G cap) email and web.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait.
    06-13-09 01:57 PM
    I am waiting to purchase my first dingleberry. The Tour is supposed to be superior to the Curve. It won't take you long if you look around through this site to find comparisons of the the Tour to the Curve, to the Bold, the Onyx.....

I think the Curve has been around for 2 or more years, so it doesn't make sense to me to sign a 2 year contract for a piece of equipment that is at the end of its life cycle. That's why I'm waiting.
    06-13-09 01:57 PM
    Excuse me if this is a naive question ... but my DH and I are thinking of jumping into the world of bbs. I have searched the forums and FAQ here, but have not been able to find the answer to a few questions ...

Should we get Curves now? Would cost us $50 each for the device w/the special Verizon is running now (bot elligible for upgrades). Or should we hold out for the Tour. Will it be that much better? What will be the main differences? About how much do you think it will cost?

Are there any extra costs above the $30 data plan that we might expect? I know we will need to keep our current text package.

Do you need to pay for all apps, or are some free.

TIA to anyone who would be willing to advise.

K-

the curve has way less application memory

the curve is slower
    the curve has a less quality screen
    the curve has lower quality camera
    the curve is not a world phone..
    the curve is smaller
    the curve doesn't have as good as a web browser.
    the curve is a good phone but is no tour
    06-13-09 02:00 PM
    I'm similarly in the same situation except that I already have a Blackberry, the 8130. I was considering going to a Curve or a Storm but with only one more month to go with the predicted launch and reading more about the phone, it cant hurt to hold out for this phone. Its almost identical to the storms capabilities but in a better form IMO. If you were to try it in a month and find you don't like it you still have Verizon's 30 day policy.
    06-13-09 02:01 PM
    What is DH?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 02:04 PM
    I am waiting to purchase my first dingleberry. The Tour is supposed to be superior to the Curve. It won't take you long if you look around through this site to find comparisons of the the Tour to the Curve, to the Bold, the Onyx.....

I think the Curve has been around for 2 or more years, so it doesn't make sense to me to sign a 2 year contract for a piece of equipment that is at the end of its life cycle. That's why I'm waiting.
    ahahaha you made me blow milk through my nose
    06-13-09 02:05 PM
    We are roughly one month away from launch. Most of us have been waiting for over one year for this phone, so I think 30 more days isn't that bad.

As far as the Curve vs Tour, it's hardly a comparison. Faster processor, more memory, better display, better keyboard, better OS, better camera, better EVERYTHING. Cost should be around $200-250 (2 year contract) including any online discount or mail-in-rebate. $30/month per line is the only additional fee that you will encounter for having a BlackBerry. That includes unlimited (5G cap) email and web.

Trust me, it will be worth the wait.
    actually many reps have told me that there is no cap on the unlimited internet. its only on tethering and 3G data cards. because how could you go over 5 GB using the phone... i know some ways lol. just stream pandora for 8hrs a day 30 days a month... you will rack up a quick 5GB.. but they have all said its unlimited from the phone...

=] idk.. just what ive been told.
    06-13-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD