Just an update for anyone who has been waiting to get this, I had this for my blackberry storm and was waiting to switch over my license to my new blackberry tour. I just received an e-mail saying it is now available for all tour users.

Just finished installing it, has a very nice interface, pretty similar to the Storm version. The icon on the homescreen has the standard glow that the default blackberry icons have as well, so that is kind of nice.
    Last edited by Lonman06; 08-27-09 at 05:12 PM.
    08-27-09 03:52 PM
    Also just installed it . Great to have it back . Thanks Garmin.
    08-27-09 06:54 PM
    So they transfer over to new devices? I read that it is only good for the life of the device whiched scared me away FAST. Otherwise it will pay for itself with vzw navigator fees

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 08:04 PM
    So they transfer over to new devices? I read that it is only good for the life of the device whiched scared me away FAST. Otherwise it will pay for itself with vzw navigator fees

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They will transfer it to a new device unlimited times, as long as its the SAME model phone

they will transfer it to a new device and with a different model phone once for free
    08-27-09 08:12 PM
    They will transfer it to a new device unlimited times, as long as its the SAME model phone

they will transfer it to a new device and with a different model phone once for free
    Not according to their website:

Search Support

Garmin Mobile is offered as a one time purchase for your Blackberry. The license applies to the first phone on which the application is activated. If upgrading to a different Blackberry, the license expires and much be re-purchased if continued use is desired.

If a phone is replaced by its carrier because of a malfunction, Garmin can transfer a license to the replacement device. This transfer must occur within the first twelve months of activation and is at Garmin's sole discretion. Garmin allows one transfer of this type for each license. In order to transfer a Garmin Mobile license, please contact technical support.

To find out more about the Garmin User Terms, view the Garmin Mobile for Blackberry EULA.
    08-27-09 08:18 PM
    I had sent them an email that I had the it for my Storm and would like it for the Tour. They said they were currently working on a version for the Tour and that they would let me transfer it. They didn't say just one time or not though.
    08-27-09 08:21 PM
    Where did you download it from. It still says it's not supported for the Tour when I go to getmobile.garmin.com/trial
    08-27-09 08:25 PM
    Not according to their website:

Search Support
    Yeah, I don't understand that. I was able to switch no charge. I had garmin mobile for the Storm for 8 months and I switched it just today. I know other members on this site did this too.

Where did you download it from. It still says it's not supported for the Tour when I go to getmobile.garmin.com/trial
    direct your bb to this link:
    http://my.garmin.com/phoneservice/dl...8/gmbb96xx.jad
    08-27-09 08:44 PM
    They will only replace it once regardless of the device. If you have a tour and it breaks they will transfer it to a new tour once. If you had a storm and then got a tour they would transfer it once. That is what they told me on the phone when I went to transfer mine, now I just have to hope that my tour lasts.
    08-27-09 09:06 PM
    They will only replace it once regardless of the device. If you have a tour and it breaks they will transfer it to a new tour once. If you had a storm and then got a tour they would transfer it once. That is what they told me on the phone when I went to transfer mine, now I just have to hope that my tour lasts.
    Well we all know about the storm (its problems), and I've gone through 5 replacements storms, I was able to switch no problem.

again I'm not sure the rules and policy I'm just saying I was able to switch VERY easily.
    08-27-09 09:11 PM
    Well we all know about the storm (its problems), and I've gone through 5 replacements storms, I was able to switch no problem.

again I'm not sure the rules and policy I'm just saying I was able to switch VERY easily.
    You can get it for $79.99 here...

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    08-27-09 09:55 PM

I'm assuming then that this is a policy that the company employees have a lot of discretion in bending, and as long as they don't suspect fraud/piracy, they work with you.

I personally would be much more inclined to purchase the software if they had a subscription option, like VZ Nav. I just don't like they have those rules in writing, which means at any time they can choose to enforce them, and you get screwed.
    08-27-09 09:58 PM
    is garmin better than vz navi?

i know in the long run you save with the one time fee subscription with garmin, but is it worth it?
    08-28-09 01:36 AM
    is garmin better than vz navi?

i know in the long run you save with the one time fee subscription with garmin, but is it worth it?
    I personally think it is better, I think it has a niver interface.
    08-28-09 07:06 AM
    Garmin does a decent job. As good a job as any of the other OTA products IMO. The best solution would be to store your maps locally (on SD card) but for whatever reason that doesnt seem possible.

The only thing I really dont like about Garmin is that some of the info displayed on the navi screen is worthless. What time I will arrive and what speed I am going are simply wasted space for me. I would much prefer what road I am currently on and total distance to destination.
    08-28-09 07:48 AM
    I'm assuming then that this is a policy that the company employees have a lot of discretion in bending, and as long as they don't suspect fraud/piracy, they work with you.

I personally would be much more inclined to purchase the software if they had a subscription option, like VZ Nav. I just don't like they have those rules in writing, which means at any time they can choose to enforce them, and you get screwed.
    As an attorney, I agree 100%. As the person being shafted, it is not a strong argument that oral communications superseded the written restrictions.
    08-28-09 09:17 AM
    Doesn't work on mine. I keep getting memory errors and it won't load.
    08-28-09 03:22 PM
    you have to call. they will switch it to another device once. maybe a new policy or maybe it is because of all the problems the storm has.

they switched it for me free today. nice to have it back.

and why would anyone want to pay a subscription for this like vznav? garmin is a one time fee and when you sell your phone when you replace it...it adds value to the phone.
    08-28-09 03:30 PM
    and why would anyone want to pay a subscription for this like vznav?
    The best answer is someone who only needs the service for a short period of time.

Lets say someone goes away on business and just needs the nav service for 2 weeks. Or even 2 months. Its just nicer to have the option to pay for it on a monthly basis.
    08-28-09 06:58 PM
    gotya....but with the $20 discount from bb lounge (not sure if it is still there) $79 is a great value that stays with the phone when you sell it.
    08-28-09 08:22 PM
    Yeah, I don't understand that. I was able to switch no charge. I had garmin mobile for the Storm for 8 months and I switched it just today. I know other members on this site did this too.

direct your bb to this link:
    http://my.garmin.com/phoneservice/dl...8/gmbb96xx.jad

Another alternative that I discovered today is:

Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry
    10-05-09 03:51 PM
    Another alternative that I discovered today is:

Garmin Mobile: Built for BlackBerry
    Excellent information. I was hoping there was a trial but I couldn't find it until I came across this post.
    10-09-09 12:26 PM
    As I have said before, I really like the Garmin app, but that very well be because I am used to the Garmin interface, with the standalone nuvi my wife has.

On one hand, I could see paying $79 for the app, knowing that I won't have it forever if I change phones more than once. However, I paid $99 for my Tour and I just can't see almost paying the same for an app. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    10-09-09 03:42 PM
    I find the user interface a bit, well, awkward. I just downloaded it a couple of hours ago. I was trying to get more info about the route but was having trouble finding it. I will be testing it tomorrow and a drive to Eastern WA. It already has planned a route via one pass and we plan on going via the other - it should be interesting seeing how long it takes to realize we "ain't" going its way!!!!

I trying panning and get the volume slider!!!!
    10-09-09 05:12 PM
    will Garmin Mobile work with a Verizon Wireless Tour or does Verizon block the GPS use on this phone?

btw.. anybody know if TomTom is coming out with something similar for blackberry's?
    10-09-09 05:35 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD