I was on the phone with Verizon last night because my track ball popped out and though I looked at all the videos how to put it back in, it wouldnt. So I took a shot while talking to the tech can I get my device replaced with a Tour. So he said something like there is a program starting July 12th that will allow customers who have had their device replaced a certain amount of times can get the Tour as a replacement. I didnt meet that but nice to know anyways.

If this was already known, don't kill me and berate me for not searching. I did a quick search and came up with nothing. I'm at work so I couldn't REALLY look.
    07-07-09 09:22 AM
    There has always been a exchange policy that after a phone has been replaced more then three times it will be replaced with the same phone or a like compatible type/model....

Though the tech said you could. That doesn't mean it happened or will. But if it does good luck.....

Have you taken your Curve into the store to have them look at it?
    07-07-09 10:04 AM
    I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but this does strike me as interesting... perhaps a way to make up for the crappy Storm experiences so many people have been reporting.
    07-07-09 10:10 AM
    Yes, I believe it is VZW's "lemon policy". If your phone is replaced 4 times (or 3, I forget) then you can trade it in for another device.
    07-07-09 10:15 AM
    yeah its always been like that. Just like others have said already, if you had to replace your phone 3 or more times, you can get a different phone. I just kept turning down the offers before becuase there was not another blackberry that was out that I would want to get besides the storm at the time, but now that the tours coming out, I am now switching to the tour for free
    07-07-09 10:40 AM
    Yes, I believe it is VZW's "lemon policy". If your phone is replaced 4 times (or 3, I forget) then you can trade it in for another device.
    i've been tryin to tell pplz that....but yo, some pplz on here talkin about they're on their 5th storm...one dude said he was on his 11th....yo, thats wild crazy right there....11???? i mean after 3, thats when you got to halla @ vzw and let them know this is unacceptable and get a device change...
    07-07-09 10:42 AM
    i've been tryin to tell pplz that....but yo, some pplz on here talkin about they're on their 5th storm...one dude said he was on his 11th....yo, thats wild crazy right there....11???? i mean after 3, thats when you got to halla @ vzw and let them know this is unacceptable and get a device change...
    Word up, dawg.
    07-07-09 10:57 AM
    Anyone know if this goes for other carriers as well? Mainly interested in att..... Onyx......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-09 11:00 AM
    Word up, dawg.
    I acctually LOL'd!
    07-07-09 11:06 AM
    If you replace your phone 3 times in 90 days then you can trade it for a different phone. Some stores, I believe, have a list of approved ones that you can trade each phone for. Like the storm for the diamond and such. Maybe the tour will be for the curve. Who knows. But I bet if you called again you would get a different answer from a different rep. Or a different answer from different stores.

07-07-09 11:12 AM
    What are people doing with there storms that it has to get replaced so often I had one replacment because the charging jack wasn't working and honestly it was my fault it wasn't working cause I dropped it a few times while it was charge. So i don't understand what's going on with other peoples storm.
    07-07-09 11:28 AM
    I love when people spread misinformation..

MissJennell is correct. It's 3 times or more in 90 DAYS. And it doesn't always mean it's going to happen. We have to determine beyond a shadow of a doubt it was a manufacturer issue every single time. Then, and only then, we will consider a "Multi-fru exchange".

And we will decide what phone is comparable and present the option to the customer. If they do not want that, then we replace it for the same original model.

Are we clear now?

07-07-09 11:50 AM
    this happened to me back in the day i had the LG vx8600 and it broke so i got a new one and that one was a little messed up and they sent another and had it for a day and a button quit working and they kept sending them and sending them and on the 6th one i was like look im not gonna keep dealing with this and they were like how about we upgrade you to this phone refurb cuz it was newer and everthing but we settled on them just giving me a brand new 8600 cuz i didnt like the new one
    07-07-09 02:29 PM
    I talked to a csr on friday and she is ordering mine on the 12th to be delivered on that tues due to it coming out on a sunday! I switched from the curve to the storm using this same method... quality is a must and if BB doesnt get its SH** together soon ima have to jump ship to another platform..
    07-07-09 03:52 PM
    Thank you for all the nasty comments about spreading misinformation and whatever.

Anyways this tech specifically mentioned a specific program that has to do with the Tour.

Guess I won't be saying anything of help in the future
    07-07-09 04:11 PM
    My comments were hardly nasty. However, if you think I was talking about what you said, I apologize. I was actually talking about some other posts.

There could very well be some new program cooking up for the Tour. I haven't heard about it, that doesn't mean it won't happen. We're used to things changing on us overnight.

Apologies again if you thought I was referring to your original post. Some others started discussing the "Multi-Fru exchange" policy and I wanted to set the record straight, as did MissJennell.
    07-07-09 04:28 PM
    My comments were hardly nasty. However, if you think I was talking about what you said, I apologize. I was actually talking about some other posts.

There could very well be some new program cooking up for the Tour. I haven't heard about it, that doesn't mean it won't happen. We're used to things changing on us overnight.

Apologies again if you thought I was referring to your original post. Some others started discussing the "Multi-Fru exchange" policy and I wanted to set the record straight, as did MissJennell.
    np sorry for accusing you then
    07-07-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD