Okay, as we waited for the Tour, we heard A LOT of release dates. Some folks even claimed that certain people could by no means be wrong in the proclamations. But I've seen a few that were off the mark.

But there was a guy people kept referring to named Kevin Byrne... He had the release date spot on back in May.
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

And then there were those who completely bashed Boy Genius Report, but it turns out that he was spot on. I don't know about you, but BGR is alright with me!
    BlackBerry Tour 9630 to launch on Verizon the week of July 13th? : Boy Genius Report

How do folks get their information and how reliable is it???
    Last edited by kingzee; 07-10-09 at 07:07 AM.
    07-09-09 07:41 PM
    Being with in two months is not that bad. Upon testing devices and going into full scale production doesn't mean everything will be spot on.... They give a time frame 3-4 months estimated..... That gives any time that something happens with testing and production.... No matter wat device in the past 2-3 years has not has unpredictable delays and OS problems that caused delays.....

BGR has been wrong on things and right on things...

Kevin @ HF has been close on some dates as well and spot on other devices.....

I give them both credit with providing inside info to users. It's something and better then nothing...

Some testers that post dates or estimated dates or even months only are given a approximate time frame.....

Heck I knew it was July but not sure what date in July.....

So who can I trust? Depends on how much info I am given
    07-09-09 07:48 PM
    Trust in Kevin Byrne from HoFo. He's been 100% right in the past.
    07-09-09 08:06 PM
    Just to clarify, KB works for Verizon so he would only know Verizon-specific information. But yes, he is consistently reliable and correct with his information.
    07-09-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD