Hello!

I'm hoping someone can help me out - I've had my Tour since the release date back in July and it seems like it's had this problem ever since the beginning: when I'm writing a text or in a BBM chat it will freeze up as I'm typing and I have to wait anywhere from 10-30 seconds to be able to continue typing. Often times it misses what I'm typing when it freezes up too, so I get something like this:

I'm heading out to the store (<-- what I type)
    I'm headutore (<-- what shows up after 30 seconds of being frozen)

It does this I think at least 50% of the time, and it's getting increasingly frustrating to have to set down my phone for a little while during a message to wait for it to decide to work. Does anyone know a fix for this? Does anyone else even have this problem? I've avoided exchanging it thus far because I wasn't sure if it was just something they all do. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.
    -Amanda.
    09-25-09 12:10 PM
    I can confirm that my Tour does not do this. Perhaps you have an app installed that is eating away at your CPU, causing the lag you're experiencing? You could always try a wipe and clean install of everything.
    09-25-09 12:24 PM
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Please forgive my newbie question, though... what's the best way to do a "wipe"? Should I simply uninstall all my programs and add them back again? Or is there some way of doing a system restore like in Windows?

Thanks for your help!
    09-25-09 01:01 PM
    Try a battery pull and reinstalling the OS!!!
    09-25-09 01:04 PM
    My daughter had taken hers back to a VZW store. A tech watched the problem, exactly as you described, then asked her if she had a lot of texts between her and the person she was texting. She had minimum 100-200 between her and them at that point. He told her to delete some. She did and it hasn't happened since.
    09-25-09 11:38 PM
    Mine sometimes freezes when the text is being sent. It just started. I have not done a battery pull in weeks so I am think maybe its time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 11:41 PM
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Please forgive my newbie question, though... what's the best way to do a "wipe"? Should I simply uninstall all my programs and add them back again? Or is there some way of doing a system restore like in Windows?

Thanks for your help!
    The first thing to do is to pull the battery on your phone....

If your not very good with Desktop Manager, you might want to get someone to help you out with the wipe and reinstall thing. Basically, you need to back your phone up using desktop manager, and then go to options/security/general settings? i believe, and hit the blackberry key and select wipe handheld. This will restore your phone to pretty much out of the box settings and applications. Then restore your information back on to your tour from the file that you previously saved...

hope this helps
    09-25-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD