Hi! I dug through the forums and couldn't find info on this, pardon if I seem a bit behind.

Ebay 9630. Followed the "Buying a Blackberry on Ebay" instructions. (Awaiting response for IMEI and pics of Unlocked-ness.

But, says he's in Hong Kong. Question is: What are the chances that this thing shows up, and wants to know why it's not in HK anymore? Already a lil worried as the Tour is 3.2mpx, his description lists it as 1-2, and the pix he has up (same for all the 9630s he has up) show a regular Tour, English buttons and screen, even says 3.2 on the back.

Is I stoopid for being interested? I'd like to stay out of contract (as I am), but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I lurv my Treo700p, but its about time to shoot ol'Yeller... Tired of playing Macguyver just to get it to charge/sync >.<

Myarr.

Happy to PM the auction to ya for clarification.
    10-27-09 07:58 PM
    um that isnt a real bb i dont think. the tour doesnt have wifi and the buttons are different for call and the trackball is black on the tour, not white. the inside of the back is completely wrong. gonna say it is a cheap impostor...
    10-27-09 08:58 PM
    um that isnt a real bb i dont think. the tour doesnt have wifi and the buttons are different for call and the trackball is black on the tour, not white. the inside of the back is completely wrong. gonna say it is a cheap impostor...
    //dug up pics from BlackBerry - 3G Network on the New BlackBerry Tour 9630

Awww... and it doesn't say BlackBerry at the top like the BBsite says it should.
    Sneef.
    10-27-09 09:02 PM
    Hi! I dug through the forums and couldn't find info on this, pardon if I seem a bit behind.

Ebay 9630. Followed the "Buying a Blackberry on Ebay" instructions. (Awaiting response for IMEI and pics of Unlocked-ness.

But, says he's in Hong Kong. Question is: What are the chances that this thing shows up, and wants to know why it's not in HK anymore? Already a lil worried as the Tour is 3.2mpx, his description lists it as 1-2, and the pix he has up (same for all the 9630s he has up) show a regular Tour, English buttons and screen, even says 3.2 on the back.

Is I stoopid for being interested? I'd like to stay out of contract (as I am), but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I lurv my Treo700p, but its about time to shoot ol'Yeller... Tired of playing Macguyver just to get it to charge/sync >.<

Myarr.

Bad idea. Probably does not come from a real BB dealer and likely a knock off. You get what you pay for.
    10-27-09 09:14 PM

Myarr.

My friend......That is bootleg. Generally be very cautious when buying phones from Hong Kong on ebay. They make good knockoffs!
    10-27-09 11:13 PM
    Hi,

The phone is not the original phone of nokia.
    It's just a copy.
    For more detail,please check it on our ebay page.
    The phone come to you in English.

Thanks for your enquiry.
    Aww.. Sigh. So much for that.
    Thank, you everyone

Hmm... Is there a way to mark this thread Solved?
    10-28-09 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD