Is there anyway to fix my Tour's recessed trackball without having to take the phone apart? That's my only gripe. The trackball is so recessed that it makes my thumbs sweaty from continually rubbing up against the BB's keys. My first few Tours were not like this trackball. They were very clicky. This one will go down into the phone at the slightest touch and then scroll. So, it's like I'm rubbing the trackball and the keys to the left and right of it at the same time. And when it makes my thumb sweaty (which happens almost immediately), it makes scrolling difficult.

So, does anyone know any fixes for putting more "spring" into the trackball so that it's not recessed without taking the phone apart?

I really don't feel like going back to VZW b/c this is my fourth phone. Tired of going into that place.

Thanks.
    08-01-09 10:57 PM
    I don't think there's really a fix for it, that was how it is designed!
    08-01-09 10:58 PM
    I hear you, but all Tours aren't designed this way. Like I said, I had three before this one and they weren't this way.
    08-01-09 10:59 PM
    So get a forth or live with it. You'd obviously have to take something apart to even attempt to fix it, which I wouldn't recommend inside your return period.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:01 PM
    I don't think there's really a fix for it, that was how it is designed!
    So is yours this way too? I'd be interested to know.

Thanks.
    08-01-09 11:03 PM
    So get a forth or live with it. You'd obviously have to take something apart to even attempt to fix it, which I wouldn't recommend inside your return period.

No, this would be my fifth. That's why I don't even want to see VZW again. They'll think I'm ruining their stock.
    08-01-09 11:06 PM
    Tell them to blame RIM, not you.

08-01-09 11:13 PM
    Take it back I suppose then, if it is really bugging you that much.
    08-01-09 11:17 PM
    Take it back I suppose then, if it is really bugging you that much.
    Can you answer my question though. I asked if yours was recessed like I described. And if so, are you cool with it?
    08-01-09 11:21 PM
    Mine is just fine. Take back soon you will fix that problem a new one might start the chance you take.

08-02-09 12:08 AM
    Yes, it is recessed, but my finger doesn't brush against the menu and back key
    08-02-09 12:11 AM
    Kingzee my thumb barely contacts the trackball when I scroll. I feather it. If I lay my thumb on it then yes my thumb drags across menu and back keys.

The trackball was designed to be used with very little pressure and minimal contact while scrolling. So try lighting up on the scrolling with your whole thumb and barely make contact while scrolling.

08-02-09 12:26 AM
    It sounds as if you have already had Tours that don't behave like this current one. So get one like your older verions.
    08-02-09 08:46 AM
    ur on ur 5th Tour?? come on now. user error big time! the phones only been out 3 weeks and somehow ur on ur 5th??
    08-02-09 08:53 AM
    ur on ur 5th Tour?? come on now. user error big time! the phones only been out 3 weeks and somehow ur on ur 5th??
    qft...are you being picky or are there legitimate problems? Are you paying restocking fees? Because 5 phones in 3 weeks is insanity...No phone is ever going to be perfect and you run the risk of getting one that may actually be worse than your previous.
    Last edited by mike42; 08-02-09 at 11:17 AM.
    08-02-09 11:14 AM
    Kingzee my thumb barely contacts the trackball when I scroll. I feather it. If I lay my thumb on it then yes my thumb drags across menu and back keys.

The trackball was designed to be used with very little pressure and minimal contact while scrolling. So try lighting up on the scrolling with your whole thumb and barely make contact while scrolling.

Ah! Thanks CK! I think that's my problem! I've been rubbing the trackball basically. I'll try that! Thanks again man!
    08-02-09 11:38 PM
    No, on my 4th.

1st: wouldn't scroll left to right
    2nd: Took it apart and broke the camera flash.
    3rd: Same problems as #1.
    4th: I'm good to go.
    08-02-09 11:40 PM
    qft...are you being picky or are there legitimate problems? Are you paying restocking fees? Because 5 phones in 3 weeks is insanity...No phone is ever going to be perfect and you run the risk of getting one that may actually be worse than your previous.
    Don't know where the 5th Tour is coming from. I never said that.

I had my first Tour for 2 weeks. The last there were in 3 days time. Only 3 were exchanged. Lets get the story straight.
    08-02-09 11:41 PM
    i just got the tour from sprint and I am having the same issues. I am able to get it to go up and down with no problems and I can go to the left with no problems. It seems that the ball is sticking when I go to the right. I took it into the Sprint store and the tech was adamant that I was pushing too hard. The problem is that when I turn the phone upside down and scroll to the right that way, there is no stickage.
    I am going to go to another sprint store and see what they say.
    08-03-09 12:41 AM
    You've had no problems exchanging 3 phones, why is a 4th exchange out of the question? BTW, how the *#@! can you exchange a phone 3 times when it just came out???
    08-03-09 12:46 AM
    Ah! Thanks CK! I think that's my problem! I've been rubbing the trackball basically. I'll try that! Thanks again man!
    No problem glad I could help. I think most, not all, of the scrolling issues are because users are trying to use the trackball like previous models. Its a different set-up as you have already noticed.

08-03-09 12:47 AM
    No problem glad I could help. I think most, not all, of the scrolling issues are because users are trying to use the trackball like previous models. Its a different set-up as you have already noticed.

Yeah, I think that's the issue. I thought the Tour was like previous models, but I'm learning it purposefully different. Good info. Thanks!
    08-03-09 02:30 AM
    You've had no problems exchanging 3 phones, why is a 4th exchange out of the question? BTW, how the *#@! can you exchange a phone 3 times when it just came out???
    If you're trackball isn't working, that's reason for exchanging. Two of those were for that reason. One other was because I damaged it by accident. The trackball issue is a well known issue. This 4th phone is perfect. I have just been using the trackball incorrectly. The other scrolled differently, yet they didn't scroll left and right.

Problem solved.
    08-03-09 02:33 AM
    If you're trackball isn't working, that's reason for exchanging. Two of those were for that reason. One other was because I damaged it by accident. The trackball issue is a well known issue. This 4th phone is perfect. I have just been using the trackball incorrectly. The other scrolled differently, yet they didn't scroll left and right.

Problem solved.
    Are you sure you weren't using the previous 3 incorrectly?
    08-05-09 01:09 AM
    Go into the Verizon store. You'll get your way.
    08-05-09 02:05 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD