I fixed my trackball, I pulled a trackball out of my old Pear and replaced it in my Tour and it works perfect. The process required taking the tour completely apart but as long as your a little mechanically inclined it's easy, Took me about 30 minutes total and trackball is 100% perfect.Except for it's white but oh well.
    08-10-09 06:35 PM
    How is that a fix? You didn't fix the trackball you had. You just replaced it with a different one.
    08-10-09 07:14 PM
    True, but all of these people saying they replaced the trackball and it's working great has me thinking of coloring one black (or red even) and trying it. Anyway, is there a video of anyone showing how to do this? I know there's vids for taking it apart, but I'd like to see a video for a full trackball replacement.
    08-10-09 07:18 PM
    I just watched a video of the teardown,once you separate the board from the keyboard and front bezel the trackball falls right out.
    08-10-09 07:47 PM
    How is that a fix? You didn't fix the trackball you had. You just replaced it with a different one.

I will explain so that even you can understand, I had the typical trackball issue,Then I replaced the trackball and now it works, I call that a fix. Get it?
    08-10-09 07:48 PM
    I adjusted my horizontal speed from 7 to 8 and that worked.
    08-10-09 07:57 PM
    Might have to buy a black track ball and try it. Any special tools needed?
    08-10-09 08:23 PM
    Guys, keep in mind this voids your warranty. One mess-up and you could be screwed for good.
    08-10-09 08:32 PM
    I will explain so that even you can understand, I had the typical trackball issue,Then I replaced the trackball and now it works, I call that a fix. Get it?
    Well, according to sources both at Verizon and Sprint, the trackball issue is software. So, taking that into consideration, you could not possibly have fixed your trackball!!!

So, all those "The OS upgrade will fix your trackball" devotees, what say you? Is it really a software issue or is it memorex, oh, wait, a rim quality control issue? To those turned away by Verizon because this will be fixed with an OS upgrade - run, don't walk, back to your verizon shop and get a new Tour or see if they have spare trackballs from defective Pearls or other units.
    08-10-09 09:02 PM
    Well, according to sources both at Verizon and Sprint, the trackball issue is software. So, taking that into consideration, you could not possibly have fixed your trackball!!!

So, all those "The OS upgrade will fix your trackball" devotees, what say you? Is it really a software issue or is it memorex, oh, wait, a rim quality control issue? To those turned away by Verizon because this will be fixed with an OS upgrade - run, don't walk, back to your verizon shop and get a new Tour or see if they have spare trackballs from defective Pearls or other units.

who are your sources?
    i cant speak for verizon but sprint has not released any official memo stating that the trackball issues are software related. as a matter of fact, sprint has release memos to the techs stating that the trackball issue is hardware related. check out my thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/sp...ckball-286715/

And yes, i am a sprint tech. This memo is for sprint techs, not the general public so keep that in mind when people say that it will void ur warranty when u open your phones.
    08-10-09 09:12 PM
    08-10-09 09:25 PM
    There are both hardware and software trackball issues:

hardware - you will feel the trackball actually slipping and not catching

software - it will catch, but the cursor won't move

The hardware issue is means for a replacement, no matter what Verizon or Sprint say. The software issue (which mostly manifests itself when you're at your home screen) will be fixed with an OS update (I know because it is already completely gone in the hybrid).
    08-10-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD