Anybody else sick of all the complaining about the battery cover being loose? Okay get ready cause we're about to split some major atoms and fix it. Go to walmart and buy a pack of tiny Velcro adhesives. Take one of the fine fuzzy ones out (not the prickly course one) and cut it in half or even smaller. Take one or possibly two if necessary and find a good place somewhere on the bottom side of the battery cover where it will make good contact with the phone when closed. Ouch my head hurts now. No more jiggling.

Now I haven't patented this concept yet so if you see it in the accessories store don't buy it....it's not Genuine Spudman material.
    07-19-09 02:13 AM
    velcro? are you serious? if you car window breaks, do you tape plastic on it to keep the rain out?
    07-19-09 12:58 PM
    Anybody else sick of all the complaining about the battery cover being loose? Okay get ready cause we're about to split some major atoms and fix it. Go to walmart and buy a pack of tiny Velcro adhesives. Take one of the fine fuzzy ones out (not the prickly course one) and cut it in half or even smaller. Take one or possibly two if necessary and find a good place somewhere on the bottom side of the battery cover where it will make good contact with the phone when closed. Ouch my head hurts now. No more jiggling.

Now I haven't patented this concept yet so if you see it in the accessories store don't buy it....it's not Genuine Spudman material.
    You are the exact reason that this problem is allowed to exist.

I just thought you should know that, since you seem awfully proud that you're so much less "picky" than everyone else and so much more "clever" with your velcro "fix".

If you found RIM's obviously low manufacturing tolerances on their battery doors, and the resulting impact in the overall feel of their $500 device, to be unacceptable, then you'd be helping to prevent RIM from producing such low quality devices.

You seem to think you're smart - so tell us, where do you draw the line? Is it when some of the keyboard keys don't work? Or perhaps when the trackball falls out? Or maybe when there's several dead pixels on the display? Or will you simply tell people that they have unreasonable expectations and suggest cheap fixes for those problems, too? Because if we do not complain directly to RIM or to their vendors, then they will continue to reduce build quality (and subsequently build cost), to maximize their profit, until they begin losing enough customers that it is no longer profitable.
    Last edited by Jimbro727; 07-19-09 at 04:30 PM.
    07-19-09 04:28 PM
    Reminds me of Civic's storm click fix, only that was actually necessary >.>
    07-19-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD