I received my replacement Tour yesterday.
    I went into a Verizon Store and spoke with a rep. Told him that I had issues with my bluetooth reception. I bought my Tour in July and have had issues with the bluetooth reception sounding really bad and people on the other end not being able to hear me or sounding muffled and terrible. I thought it was my Z9i at first and then bought the Plantronics 975. Guess it wasn't the earpiece because I got the same complaints with the 975.

Also told VZW Rep that trackball was getting bad. Wasn't bad at first but now was starting to have trouble going left. Also... Reception was not great on the Tour itself. Always going in an out of 1XEV and 1X. Last, was the muffled sound when talking on the phone (not bluetooth).

He called it in and they ordered me a refurb'd unit. Got that yesterday. Activated it and guess what...

Still have issues with the Bluetooth. Trackball is good. However, the refurb'd unit LAGS. Existing applications takes a good 3-5 sec. Also... This Tour has froze on me 5 times today. Had to do a battery pull each time.

So... I'm going to upgrade the OS on my original Tour while I still have it. This will be my first time doing this... so CROSSING MY FINGERS!!! If all goes well and HOPEFULLY .57 OS fixes the Bluetooth issue, I'll be sending back the refurb'd unit.

Can anyone confirm that .57 fixes the Bluetooth issue, Reception issue (1XEV-1X), Muffled Sound issue and trackball issue?
    10-21-09 06:25 PM
    i know for a fact that .57 fixes the muffled sound and my service is a little more stable. the muffled sound issue was fixed in .53 and as for the bluetooth and trackball, i'm not sure. i don't use bt and my tb has always been flawless. good luck with the install
    10-21-09 06:29 PM
    Sorry... correction on the OS... Im download .53!!!!!
    10-21-09 06:31 PM
    Please let me know what happens. My only complaints is my reception going fron 1XEV to 1X quite a bit.(very ANNOYING!) Also, I get the "you sound muffled" every once in a while.

Since VZW never officially released the update, how would I go about DL it on the Vzw Tour? Advice and where can I find the actual DL?
    10-21-09 06:41 PM
    Well... I downloaded .53 and really havent noticed anything. Bluetooth reception is still muffled and faint w/ complaints that they can't hear me or understand what I'm saying. W/O earpiece, still sound muffled and did not fix trackball. It might of fixed the 1XEV issue, I still get it, but not as much.

I guess I'll just have to try and get another refurb'd Tour. Just hate getting apps loaded again where you have to email the company to update your pin.
    10-22-09 06:28 PM
    .57 improved BT for me, wasnt so bad to begin with but is now crystal clear. Never had muffled issue but some have said that .57 also fixed that. I also notice better and more stable reception with .57 Battery life also seems to have improved.
    No clue about .53 vs .57 though
    10-22-09 06:37 PM
    I'd forget 4.7 and jump to 5.0.0.230. Way way better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-09 09:00 PM
    Darn. Not really the response I was hoping for. I am just going to wait for the real 5.0 to come. Sooner rather than later!
    10-22-09 10:03 PM
    I'd forget 4.7 and jump to 5.0.0.230. Way way better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I totally agree!!
    10-22-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD