I am at my wits end here and dont know where to turn. I spent 1 hour and 47 mins on the phone with Verizon techs last night and the best they could do was offer me a "like new" phone.
    I bought a Tour on Aug 18th. I love the thing. However my first one had some issues with the keyboard and the ball so I was able to get a new one. Backed everything up, came home, put the stuff on it, etc.
    So I go to set up VVM. When I do, I get this error:
    The Application VVM_9630 has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy.

I have had a blackberry for almost 2 years now and NEVER had an IT policy on any of my phones. Its a personal phone, set up with a personal EMail account and has nothing to do with a business. I brought the phone to the store, spent over an hour and a half with a "tech" only to be given a "New" Phone. (I put new in quotes because I was given a re-furbished phone which led to me calling Verizon and getting a new one since I paid for a new one only 2 weeks before).
    Last night I come home with my new phone and tried again to get the VVM to work. Same thing. I called, the tech was nice but of zero help. They had 3 people on the phone with me and noone knew what was going on. The problem is the Firewall has the Red Lock next to it and I cant turn it off. Ive wiped the phone 10 times, put on old backups and nothing is working.
    I am able to run Facebook, Twitter, WeatherEye and a the BB App World but for some reason VVM doesnt work. (it also wont let me use Verizon Ring Tones)
    One possible theory is that when I got the 1st replacement, it was a phone that had an IT set up on it and that is now corrupted all my backup files and everytime I hook it up to my Desktop manager, it puts the IT policy on there.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not want to go back to the verizon store because I almost punched out the condescending B**** who helped me yesterday. Apparently new blackberrys now come with privacy screens already only them with scratches and hairs behind them. "We will not just open phones for your convenience" is what she told me. It was clearly a refurbished phone and Verizon verified it after I called them to complain.

Please Help!!!!!
    09-08-09 07:09 PM
    You will need to remove the IT Policy. The only way to remove the IT Policy from a phone is by downloading the JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility and using the resettofactory feature. This will do more than a wipe as it will restore the phone to the Verizon defaults.
    09-08-09 07:36 PM
    I got the CrackUtil one. Wiped it off. However, when I go to put my data file back on the phone, all the Firewall settings return. Bastards corrupted my entire thing.
    09-08-09 08:06 PM
    That's why you need to use the JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility. Wiping the phone won't get rid of the IT Policy at all. You need to use the "resettofactory" function on the JL_Cmder tool. It is the only thing that will get rid of the IT Policy.
    09-08-09 08:10 PM
    CrackUtil is capable of resetting a phone's IT policy back to factory default as well. In fact, I was always under the impression that CrackUtil was slightly more powerful an app than JL_Cmder...

Sucks about your phone, mrrushneck. I was going to suggest you use CrackUtil as well but since you've already gone down that road I don't know what else to tell ya. I suppose you might as well give JL_Cmder a shot at this point.
    09-08-09 08:15 PM
    I've had to deal with this twice and both times I used the JL_Cmder application and it worked great. Also, I never had a problem with restoring the backups putting the IT Policy back on the phone. I honestly didn't know that CrackUtil had a factory default feature, so I've never tried that one.
    09-08-09 08:22 PM
    Either way, it sounds like a pretty pesky IT Policy OP's dealing with. Good luck, man - let us know how it goes...
    09-08-09 08:27 PM
    Agreed - good luck!

Only other thing I can think of is go ahead and sync everything on your phone to Outlook (or whatever you use) and transfer any files you want to keep to your desktop. Then, after resetting your device to factory sync it up with Outlook to get everything important back on it. Just be sure you don't restore the back up. Yes it will be a bit of a pain, but at least you will have your phone back without an IT policy.
    09-08-09 08:34 PM
    Yea, as long as I dont hook it up to my computer it seems to work fine.

Is there a way to print out your phone book that is saved in the data file?
    09-08-09 08:37 PM
    Another thing you might want to try is to completely remove your Desktop Manager from your computer. Then reinstall it and make sure that you choose the BIS option when installing it. I have heard that simply having DM on your computer with an IT Policy will automatically put it back on your device so I always did this whenever trying to get rid of the IT Policy. If you're up for it, give that a try.
    09-08-09 08:41 PM
    As for printing out the phone book, I sure can't think of anything. Maybe if you have another phone you might be able to transfer it via bluetooth.
    09-08-09 08:42 PM
    I have this same issue now. I used my computer to do a device swap for a friend that has a bb with an IT policy from his BES.

Now I get that IT policy on every phone that connects.
    I haven been able to remove the it policy but it comes back it I connect my phone to my computer.

I removed desktop manager and reinstalled it that did not help. This is my main computer so need to be able to connect my phone. Any help on removing the IT policy from my computer? Thanks in advance
    06-27-10 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD