i went through 6. 3 in the past 90 days. i was calling CS today to get another replacement and they told me to go to the store and they would give me a new different device. so i went to the store and handed the tech my storm (just activated today, and the touch screen hardly responded) and she said "wow, this is messed up" and she checked the computer, saw that i have had quite a few replacements and brought me out a tour!

mind you, the storms problems i had were all hardware related, from the screens not clicking after time to the buttons falling off.

im glad i got the tour though. ive had it for about 8 hours and the speed of it is amazing. i dont have the trackball issue ive read about or any other issues. and from having the storm i have come to realize touch screen devices just arent for me.

if youre on the fence about switching, i recommend the tour. the storm is a great phone but still needs to come into its own a little more. i loved it minus all the problems i had (contradiction?).

but im glad i have a physical keyboard and a snappy phone. like i said the storm is a great phone, but touch screens just arent for me.
    08-06-09 11:04 PM
    Enjoy the Tour its a great phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 11:06 PM
    So far I'm on the fence about whether I prefer the tour over my old storm. The BB interface feels SO clunky, and the lack of a touch screen is making it even more glaringly obvious.
    08-06-09 11:12 PM
    I can trade for the tour every day of the week. There is no way you are going to talk me into that!
    08-06-09 11:19 PM
    So far I'm on the fence about whether I prefer the tour over my old storm. The BB interface feels SO clunky, and the lack of a touch screen is making it even more glaringly obvious.
    i really dont have a problem with the interface. i mean it'll feel different once themes start popping up... i find it easier to maneuver with a trackball. but each phone has its pros and cons and each person will have needs that each phone will suite differently. good luck though.

Enjoy the Tour its a great phone.

yes it is. nice to see you not bashing it like the storm. haha... just kidding. glad you have a device you like
    08-06-09 11:20 PM
    Enjoy your tour its fantastic device ...I love it

08-06-09 11:24 PM
    The interface is relatively old looking compared to iphone or webos, but it is very functional with the keyboard shortcuts. I never understood that while I had the storm.

08-06-09 11:25 PM
    I am in the same boat with you I had the storm for about a week and it was always freezing on me and doing stuff I did not want it to do. Plus it was so hard to text message. I have actually had nothing but touch screens since they hit the market and I love the fact that you had to click it instead of just touch it because it is so easy to enter something you are not trying to enter. But I now have the tour and I think it is the best phone I have ever had minus the touch screen but hey I cant have everything I want in one phone. LOL
    08-07-09 06:49 AM
    The BlackBerry Tour is a Beast! Enjoy man.

08-07-09 08:02 AM
    I have both, although I have never had the issue you seem to be having with the storm. The Tour lacks a wow factor for me....it's simply an updated 8830....not impressed at all.

As for the Storm, I am in love....for a first gen...it's great. Not for beginners and folks who dont have patience.

But enjoy your Tour
    08-07-09 08:09 AM
    I was on the fence too, so much that I switched back to the storm.
    That didn't last a full 24 hours and I was back into a VZW getting my tour back.

I abs love the screen on the storm, but not enough to deal with all the headaches attached to it.

The Tour is a rock solid workhorse, where the Storm is a toy
    08-07-09 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD